Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy White Day!

What is White Day you ask? It is a holiday over here in Japan that falls on the 14th of March every year. You guessed correctly if you realized the one month exact correlation to Valentine's Day. In Japan Valentine's Day is celebrated just a little bit differently. Over here women give men Valentine's Day gifts instead of the other way around. That's right! I can't tell you how strange it is to walk through a department store and see all the red; red hearts, red streamers, red balloons, all in the MEN'S department!

Well White Day is the follow up to Valentine's Day. Today some large number of Japanese Women can expect to find white chocolate wrapped in white heart boxes or some similar gift from their spouse or a boyfriend or even just an admirer. I asked my husband what I was going to get for White Day. He just laughed.

Oh and don't worry if you are single. There is always Black Day!

I'm very behind right now. Behind in getting my house cleaned, behind in reading my various blogs. Honestly, my kids are lucky they are getting fed right now! I'd love to tell you all about what is keeping me so busy but it will have to wait until I'm, well, less busy!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting a blog published to HJU! :)

    I bet the reason why you are so busy is you are heading back to the states :)

    ReplyDelete