Thursday, April 5, 2012

Burning Down the House

I made scrambled eggs for the girls this morning. After I was finished I got two plastic bowls out for the eggs and for some reason put one of them on the hot burner. It wasn't just for a second either. "Mommy, what's that smell?" was my first clue. Hot stove + plastic bowl = a big, smelly, smokey mess. I was just glad I didn't end up setting the fire alarm off. I'm sure the other 60+ families in our building would NOT have appreciated that. I tend to get a little absent minded when I'm feeling stressed.

We are going to try flying again VERY soon and I'm super nervous and stressed about it. I've never done this Space A thing before and as a compulsive planner it is very difficult to be embarking on this venture that has a very unplanned feel to it. If we get on this flight (63 seats available so I'm pretty hopeful) we'll go from here to Hawaii and then on to California. That doesn't sound too bad, right? I was just reading that the type of plane we'll be flying on is known to break a lot. Visions of being stuck in Hawaii for who knows how long keep dancing through my mind. Again that doesn't sound too bad and if it were just me I think it would be much less stressful but having a 5 year old and a 3 year old along certainly ups the stress factor! And since I started writing this the plane has been delayed again... that's three times in a row now. It seems the reputation for being broken a lot is deserved. That isn't exactly comforting knowing we'll be flying hundreds of miles across the ocean!

Then once we get to California we have to figure out how to get to the nearest airport and get on another plane or two before we finally make it home. I'm so looking forward to being home but I am really dreading this trip! I tell you eventing should be easy for me after living over here. I have been pushed so far out of my comfort zone over here that even an advanced drop into water should seem like a piece of cake! (Have I ever mentioned that drops scare the bejeebees out of me, even the itty bitty ones!)

But hopefully the next time you hear from me I will be somewhere stateside or if we get stuck in Hawaii I will at least be in the U.S. again. Where is the nearest Walmart or Target??? And can I get some Chipotle please!!

Oh and if we do make it home any time in the near future I have a date for my first possible event. Greater Dayton Horse Trials takes place on the 19th and 20th of May. You may or may not see me there!!

1 comment: