Sunday, April 8, 2012

Thanks, I Needed That!

I had a great ride for Easter Sunday. Last time I had two weeks off between lessons I felt like I rode like crap with the whole losing my stirrups thing but this time I felt pretty good. I rode Mocha the wonder pony and I think he's starting to remember me. He doesn't test me nearly as much as he did the first few times I rode him. We put a course together and just worked on having nice, quiet rounds. I had some really great moments and the last round was very nice. Mostly I just need consistency. It's hard to have consistency without a lot of practice and unfortunately riding once a week is just not going to get me there anytime soon. But, I'm starting to think the basic building blocks really are there. When I do get home and start riding every day again I'm hopeful that I will see a pretty big jump in consistency.


I can't stress enough how nice it was to be in the saddle again. I've been having a lot of anxiety ever since this whole "am I going home or not" thing. The last several mornings I've woken up feeling like someone has a fist around my heart squeezing away and a few times a day out of the blue I'll get that same feeling. I don't think I realized how much pressure I was putting on myself the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping that riding this week and going to horse camp this weekend (where we'll be doing some yoga and getting a massage! along with all the riding) will help alleviate some of that.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment