Sunday, May 27, 2012

Life Is Just Too D*** Short!

By now I'm sure anyone who would bother to read this blog has already heard about the trailer accident that has claimed the lives of three of Michael Pollard's event horses. I can't even begin to imagine what a horrible time this is for the entire Pollard Eventing team. My thoughts and prayers are with them today. You can read the story here if you haven't already.

A few days before my husband told me that someone he worked with just lost his wife and infant when she fell down a flight of stairs while holding her baby. Again, I can't even imagine how horrific that would be. Certainly there are no words to express it.

It seems like tragedy is right around the corner all the time these days. I don't say all this to be morbid but rather to just remind myself that none of us are promised tomorrow or even the next second. I'm going to go hug my kids, the people kind and the animal kind, now and try not to take my time for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment