Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Quick Trip to Fantasy Land

This is not horse related but I had to make note of it. My amazing, little sister's (Mindee Arnett) debut young adult novel is coming out very soon (soon in the publishing world anyways). Her cover reveal was today and you can view it here. It is also available for pre-order on Amazon. If you in any way, shape or form enjoy reading young adult/fantasy fiction I can promise you will enjoy it. Think Harry Potter meets Veronica Mars. Yeah, it is that good! (Of course I'm biased but that's okay.) 

Back in horse land everything is going great. If I wasn't impressed by Thoroughbreds before Loki has certainly taken care of that now. I feel like he does his homework every evening after we ride and comes back even better the next day. He's finally getting the idea that a little leg doesn't always mean more forward but can also mean more up or move over. It's been so long since I've worked with a green horse and it can be very intimidating. He is learning so fast and it makes me realize that not only is he going to learn all the good things I teach him he will also learn all the bad things, too, but no pressure, right?! He's still a tad unbalanced at the canter but his trot work is coming along fabulously. We are trail riding tomorrow, maybe cross-country schooling on Friday and a schooling hunter show on Saturday. My plan for Saturday is to simply enter him into the warm-up cross rails class and see how he does/go from there. I haven't tried to do any kind of showing with him off property so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Happy Hump Day!

Oh and seriously if you've never seen Veronica Mars you should check it out. All three seasons are available on DVD and the show is definitely in my top 5 favorite shows of all times. I'll leave you with this:



3 comments: