Sunday, July 29, 2012

XC Schooling Day

We had an amazing ride today. The grass is so green again and the ground is about a million times better than the last time I went. Loki was about a million times better too. We have had no run outs (knock on wood) in at least the past two weeks and we had none today and we did pretty much all of the beginner novice fences. WooHoo! The jumping is feeling great. We do still have some work to do, though. We are still having trouble with those darn shoulders (particularly the right). I've been working on bending to the right at the canter a lot but it was obvious today that much more work needs to be done. Most of our work of late has been in an arena with a fence so cantering in a circle in a wide open field definitely made the trouble spots much more obvious. Still, it was a fantastic day and I know it will only get better. I just wish I had more time!!


9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear, Amanda! Lori said the same, that you two had an awesome day. Yah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Min! It would be so nice if we could manage one more XC day together before I leave.

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! Good boy Loki!! Good job mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The summer is flying by, but the rest of the year will fly by too and before you know it, you'll be there and back again and riding your horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it will be much easier this time around knowing Loki will be here waiting for me. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had fun!! Keep working on it! The shoulders will come in time... :)

    ReplyDelete