Sunday, September 30, 2012

Drying Out

Crikey! Typhoon Jelawat packed a HUGE punch! It rolled in around 7AM and by about 9AM we were without power. By noon we had no water. Every one stayed safe, though. There was quite a bit of damage. A roof to the kids' playground got picked up by the wind and landed on a neighbor's car and obliterated their sunroof. Cars were picked up and tossed about, trees came down, roofs flew off, well, you get the idea. Oh and we apparently had a small earthquake yesterday, too. I tell ya there's never a dull moment.

I haven't been out to the barn but I also haven't heard anything so I'm pretty sure everyone out there is okay. I will be out tomorrow so I'll know for sure then. In the meantime here are some pictures and a video of the sights around Okinawa today:






1 comment: