Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Prince Update

I went out to the barn today and I saw Prince. It is much worse than I thought. They are 95% sure that he is blind. They are trying to just give him some time to see if he can recover but right now things are not looking good. He is finally eating some mash and drinking a little bit but mostly he is just standing in his stall with his head hung low. The vet has been out every day and given him fluids and antibiotics and something for pain. It is heart-wrenching.

I don't know what is going to happen to the girl and her friends who are responsible. I have heard the whole story now and I am astounded at the arrogance and stupidity behind this absolutely, 100% avoidable accident.

Prince could use whatever good thoughts and/or prayers anyone can spare.

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh- it doesn't sound like a good situation if you have heard the whole story and it was 100% avoidable. I hate that horses are the victims of stupid people! gerrrr.

    Praying for Price... poor guy must just be so confused. I hope his owners are loving on him lots and that they are doing ok as well.

    ReplyDelete