Monday, November 19, 2012

Gone In 60 Seconds

Diamond

Tsubasa

Gone

They were here when I left the barn Sunday evening around 6:30 and gone when I got to the barn Monday morning around 10:00.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that they are... gone.

Forgive me for sounding like a petulant 13 year old but, dude, seriously, I didn't even get to say goodbye.

One last picture of Tsubasa... still skinny but looking much better.

So here's the story I heard:

Both Diamond and Tsubasa are cribbers. Tsubasa got a very bad rub mark/cut from his cribbing strap. The collar was removed to allow the cut to heal. Tsubasa cribbed like a mad-man and ended up giving himself gas colic. The barn owner decided he didn't want to deal with two cribbers and contacted the previous owner. The horses were picked up sometime after I left Sunday night. They are somewhere on the island but are going to be shipped back to the mainland in two days.

I'm so very disappointed. We could have dealt with the cribbing issue I'm sure. We were just getting plans set to put the first rides on both Diamond and Tsubasa this week. Their paperwork had just arrived and we had just found out that they both did race between 6-8 times. Neither one won anything but they were at least track broke. They were both three years old. Tsubasa was such a sweet heart. I don't know what is going to happen to them and frankly I'm just trying not to think about it.

I took some pictures and video of Tsubasa on Saturday and if it hadn't rained us out we were planning on fitting his bridle and at least saddling him to see what he would do. I didn't even get a chance to take more pictures of Diamond.

video


2 comments:

  1. Nooo!! That is so sad :( Tsubasa was such a beautiful mover too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is crazy!! so sorry they are gone :(

    ReplyDelete