Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving over here in Okinawa. I figured I'd be all traditional and write a post on what I'm Thankful for this year (and every year).

This is of course not going to be a comprehensive list. The truth is that all of us in the U.S. have so much to be thankful for and so many things we take for granted. This is just a list of things that come to mind today.

1. I'm very thankful for Godly Grandparents. They were far far far from perfect but they had an authenticate faith that is just hard to find nowadays it seems. In a time when cynicism and unbelief abound I'm so thankful that they shared their faith with me.

2. I'm very thankful for my husband. He is perfect for me in every way. There have been times when our success at this marriage thing was far from a guarantee but I'm so thankful we pulled through and beat the odds.

3. I'm very thankful for my three wonderful children. They drive me nearly insane sometimes but honestly I can't even imagine my life without them anymore. Kids test you every day but they make you a better person if you let them.

4. I'm very thankful that Jay's mom, otherwise known as Mimi, has the opportunity to live with us for a while here in Okinawa. I can't tell you what a blessing it is to get along so well with your in-laws. Mimi is a gift!

5. I'm very thankful for my sister, my mom and step-dad and all the rest of my family. I could go on and on but they each have helped to make me who I am today.

6. And of course I'm very thankful for my horses and all the people who have been a part of my "horse world." Trainers, friends, farriers, vets, etc. It's so nice to have people who share your passion and understand the craziness that comes with loving these amazing, wonderful animals.

7. And last but not least I am so very thankful that I only have less than 7 months to go over here in "paradise." There will be a big celebration when this assignment is over!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment: