Sunday, November 25, 2012

Just Do It

A friend of mine has been trying for a while now to get me to run a half-marathon with her. So a couple of days ago I decided "why not?" For a long time I didn't consider it because I wasn't able to run consistently but with some changes to my schedule/life I think I'll be able to train pretty consistently... now. I think my goal will be to run an average of 8 1/2 minutes per mile. So far my best time for five miles is about 42 minutes which is pretty close to my goal pace wise but the longest I've run at one time is about 7 miles so I still have my work cut out for me. The race isn't until sometime in March so barring any injuries I should be able to do it.

I figure at least by the time I get home I will be in great shape for the summer season.

2 comments:

  1. Omg I commend you - I've been trying to run and I can still only run like a mile tops... good luck!

    ReplyDelete