Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reflection

6 years ago today I met my little girl face to face for the first time.
Evelyn Noelle "Evie"
She was so tiny and she looked so much like her Dad. She was due Christmas Day (hence the Noelle as a middle name) but came 10 days early. I never believed in love at first sight until I had children but now I know it is real.

As Evie got bigger and went from crawling to walking she earned the nickname "Evie the Destroyer." She loved to walk around her brother's Lego creations and kick them over as soon as he wasn't looking (he absolutely hates Legos to this day). She's my little helper and Miss Independent. She can "do it all by herself." She is in Kindergarten this year and so far everything has been pretty easy for her. She is still so innocent and sometimes I do wish I could freeze time so that she can stay this way forever.

Like so many I am horrified to hear about this latest school shooting. I simply can't imagine it. Possibly an entire Kindergarten class gone? How is that possible? Reading about this tragic event all I can see are the faces of my daughter and her classmates. The thought of someone hurting them is truly unbearable. The pain that so many families are going through right now... unbearable.

It is times like this that I am truly thankful for my faith. This blog is about horses and I try to keep it about horses for the most part. But, right now, I am so very thankful for the hope I have of seeing my loved ones again someday. This tragedy is heart breaking enough as it is. I just can't imagine going through something like this without having the assurance of meeting in heaven again someday.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the families and friends affected by this tragedy. Now, I think I will go kiss my sleeping 6 year old (and the 7 and 4 year old as well) and whisper how much I love them.

Evie and I on her field trip to watch Puss in Boots in Japanese

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister!

    Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

    I have been hugging my baby a little tighter, giving her extra snuggles, praying for her more often and am extra thankful for her health and safety.

    ReplyDelete