Wednesday, January 30, 2013

He's Legal!

After many many many internal debates (I seriously have no idea why this was such a hard decision for me!) I have finally gone ahead and registered Mr. Loki with the USEA. As you can see I decided to go with the name I picked for him from the beginning instead of his JC name. It seems so silly I know but I feel quite guilty for not using his race name. But, it's done so for better or worse we are now officially team Low Key! (Perhaps I should make that seem a little more subdued... naaaa, lol.)

Oh, and I also got him registered with the Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) I'm not sure if any of the shows we will go to this year have T.I.P. classes but the registration is free so why not take advantage of it? (Thanks Megan for getting my butt in gear!)

7 comments:

  1. Cool! I am so interested in the TIP classes unfortunately the only ones in California are 5+ hours away from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TIP classes definitely seem to be most popular on the East coast and especially Maryland, New York, etc but there are some in Georgia I believe so maybe you'll get a chance when you move.

      Delete
  2. Hah! You got right to it after I mentioned TIP. When did Loki come to mind, once you'd decided upon Keep It Low Key? Did it come from Frankie, or from Low Key? How many people actually know who Loki was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can't remember at this point which came first Loki or Low Key, the chicken or the egg? I've always liked the name Loki and I like mythology and of course the idea of "keeping it low key" is just something I needed for myself.

      Of course anyone who has seen the Avengers movie will think of that Loki but to me I just like the idea of the mischievous god who sometimes caused trouble but wasn't really a "bad" guy.

      Delete
  3. I love his name! Great choice sticking with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that's exciting! I hope I can come up with the money to get Wiz registered, sigh.

    ReplyDelete