Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bite Tongue Swallow Pride

I heard from my fellow instructor yesterday. It seems everybody knows that the payroll guy made a mistake, including the barn owner, or so I'm told. That didn't stop them from keeping my money from the past three weeks, though. But, they want me to come back. Oh, and if I could just apologize to the payroll guy that would be great.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the culture here but I do know that there is a huge emphasis on elders. The elderly are to always be respected so I am guessing that is the reason that nobody wants to actually fix this. I have no idea who this guy is in respect to the owner but obviously he is somebody important.

I have to admit I'm just not sure if I can do it. I just don't know if I even want to go back to the barn. I've already transferred all of my clients to the new instructor.  And after having a week off I've realized it's kind of nice. Not once this week did I have to see a sour horse or make a sour horse work even more than he already has. Sort of like burying my head in the sand if I don't have to see it/deal with it then it isn't happening.

On the other hand I do want to make sure that the other instructors/clients who are still stuck here don't have to deal with any fall out. So I will probably at least go to the barn and do what I can to smooth over what I can. After all I do still feel partially responsible for the whole fiasco. I've also promised to still help with the horse show. It's a big endeavor and I don't want to leave my friend's hanging.

But I think as far as actual teaching goes I'm done.


5 comments:

  1. They still haven't paid you your money?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't expect to see that money ever. It sucks but not much I can do about it.

      Delete
  2. That must be hard, working in a different culture. I'm not sure what you would be apologizing for. Your part of the fiasco, or all of the fiasco? And if you apologize, will you get your money? Or is that a moot point? Oh well, only 74 days left. How's the "Lori situation" going? As well as expected?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money is definitely a moot point as far as I can tell.

      Update on the other situation hopefully forthcoming soon.

      Delete