Saturday, March 2, 2013

Peek-a-Boo!

Sorry I have become so intermittent like one big game of peek-a-boo, now you see me now you don't!

What's been going on? Well, mostly just more of the usual; teaching, running my kids around and finishing up my online equine nutrition class. The class was pretty good. It was very much self-directed study but I do feel like I learned some things. Most of the class was just reinforcing things I already knew such as a forage based diet is essential for equine health but I did learn a lot of the whys behind the ways we feed, etc. I'm hoping this will make me a better horse Mom in the future, especially with Loki proving to be such a hard keeper.

Oh and I got new boots!

Ariat Volants! (and blingy spur straps with Stubben Soft Touch Spurs)


I love the boots! I took a chance ordering them b/c who knew if they would fit but Smartpak has such great customer service I figured it would be worth it. Even all the way over here on the other side of the world they would have let me return the boots for free if they hadn't fit! Love that company!

But luckily they seem to fit great. (I do have to wear boot lifts with them but that is pretty much par for the course for me!) I've been trying to wear them around the house for a couple of hours every day to get them broke in and so far they feel like wearing sneakers and half-chaps (mostly). Hopefully I'll get a chance to actually ride in them soon!

Oh and if you take a peek at the top right hand corner you will notice that we are in the double-digits!!! In fact we are under 90 days... and counting!

2 comments:

  1. oh jealous!!! So cute! I love the touch of bling on the spurs :)

    ReplyDelete