Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Show

I'm trying to get a plan together for our annual spring horse show over here on this side of the world. We had hoped to finally be able to use the middle of our arena for this show so we could actually do some dressage tests but alas that is not going to happen. It's so frustrating. For some reason they want to grow grass in the middle of the arena. They don't turn horses out in the arena so I have no idea why. We might get to start using it by next fall but of course that won't matter to me!

Anyways, we also have plans to construct another new small dressage arena out in the main pasture. The area it would be is already mostly covered in sand but right now the sand is about a foot deep and very uneven. It is going to take a lot of work to get it leveled out and to a proper thickness. I don't think we'll be able to get it done before the show in five weeks.

Sooooo I have to figure out what else we can do in place of dressage tests. I think we might just make it more like a hunter show where riders will ride together and be judged at the same time on their equitation. That's my thought anyways. I have about two days to get it figured out.

I did design this for the show, though:

Our show is right around Earth day so we decided to go with a green/recycle theme. I was thinking maybe we could have show entrants bring in something to recycle as part of their entry fee or something. I don't know yet...

Anyways, that is what is going on right now. My kids have started taking lessons with me from time to time and that has been fun. We're down to 12 weeks and counting. Still not soon enough but we're getting there.

4 comments:

  1. Bake at 350 foг 25 minutеs οr until toothpick іnseгted in center comes out
    сlean. Aԁd another cup of the flour and ѕtir untіl you have а dough ball.

    Cοvеr pizza with thе sauѕagе, bacon and ѕcгambled еggs.


    Feеl free to visit my page pizza pan avon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about an obstacle course? Use poles or jump standards or even hay bales to set up a course the students ride their horses through. They have to walk here, trot there, back through an L, do a serpentine through a line of barrels, whatever you can build, given your supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the kids will enjoy a hunter type eq show as well! I'm not sure what the focus is on in lessons, but if you just want to put on a show so the kids can have fun I automatically think back to my 4H days. the eq would be good and maybe even a hunter hack? where you jump two small fences in a line and then get judged on the rail. if you can't do a full dressage test, maybe there's room for some kind of pattern? good luck getting it together, i'm sure it'll be nice no matter what! :) I like the poster and the idea of bringing something to recycle though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool poster and love the recycle idea! You could maybe also do halter and showmanship? Those don't take a large area and are fun.

    ReplyDelete