Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fun Stuff!

Well today has been a considerably better day than yesterday despite the fact that Okinawa has become a sauna... seriously I'm pretty sure I've been in steam rooms that were dryer than it is here right now. Luckily the temperature isn't too bad but boy I'm glad I won't be experiencing an Okinawan summer!

The first thing to make this day better is we finally got news on our house and it is OURS! We should be getting the contract for it by Friday and everything signed and the deposit paid shortly thereafter. That makes this whole move seem so much more real! We ended up going with the house I posted earlier:

Gosh, I just don't know what we will do with all the space! Right now we have 6 people living in a three bedroom, 1350 sq.ft. apartment. This house is going to seem like a mansion!

The second fun thing of the day are some purchases I made. I wanted to bring something home from Okinawa that would be a memento of our time here. So I bought two things. A giant fan and a room divider. (Kinda strange I know!)

Here is the fan:

and some close ups:



And here is the divider:


and some close ups:


Unfortunately I don't have a lot of information on where these were made nor by whom. We bought them from some of the vendors that rent stall space in the PX. But, I think they are beautiful and of course very fitting for me. Now that we know about our house I even already know where the room divider is going to go. I'm so excited for June to just get here already!

13 comments:

  1. I love the fan and divider! So gorgeous! I'm sure you'll enjoy the house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm super excited about the house.

      Delete
  2. Glad you found out! It's s stressful not knowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very stressful. I have a serious tendency towards worry as it is but it is super sweet when it finally works out, though!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the house news - that is fantastic.
    I LOVE Love love the fan & room divider - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to have room to display them.

      Delete
  4. Want! That divider is awesome. Can you bring me one home, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we might have bought the last one. I plan on bringing something home for you, though. ;)

      Delete
  5. Love that fan! Also, your new house looks adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm going to try and find another fan or one similar to give away as some kind of contest in celebration for when we finally leave.

      Delete
  6. beautiful pieces and congrats on the house, that is GREAT news!

    ReplyDelete