Tuesday, April 30, 2013

one month One Month ONE MONTH!

It is FINALLY May 1st!! and we are in the home stretch. We still don't have an exact fly date yet or anything (and I couldn't share it publicly even if we did) but it is getting close enough to smell. As the weeks go by I might not be able to blog or keep up with blogs as much as I'd like. Moving in an of itself is a time consuming pain in the arse, moving over seas is about triple the usual headache. But it will be well worth it to finally be home. 

In other fun, exciting news:

Yep, my pony is all signed up for his first ever recognized horse trial! It takes place the weekend of the 18th & 19th and I'm really, really hoping my sister will be able to attend and get at least a couple of pictures for me. I am so excited and nervous which is kind of funny since I won't be riding but I will definitely be watching the online scores while biting my finger nails!

My trainer is also riding Monte, Loki's half-brother in the same event. Monte is going training level already! And to top it off Lori will be riding her other horse, Rio in training level as well. She is going to have a very busy weekend.

I just hope these next few weeks really fly by quickly. I am so ready to be outta here!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats on coming up on the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend of Loki's first show is also the weekend for my Lusitano mare's first dressage show. Good luck to Loki. I'll be so busy getting ready to go to Athene's show that I won't have time to commiserate with you about Loki, sorry. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we will have time to swap stories afterwards... hopefully they will be really great stories!

      Delete
  3. Whee moving soon! Whee horse trail! That's a lot of exciting things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my excitement meter we'll be just about maxed out in a few weeks! I can't wait!

      Delete