Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tick Tock

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I guess you could say I've been hiding out, trying to stay busy to make the time go faster. This week coming up is Spring Break. I remember when I used to count the days for Spring Break, Summer Break or any kind of break. Now I'm sort of dreading it. The absence of routine makes time seem to stretch like a rubber band. The good news is Jay is taking vacation for the week as well. The first vacation he's had in a long time so hopefully we will have some fun mixed in with our boredom!

I've been spending time at the gym every day. In fact on Thursday I got my fastest 2 mile run ever a 13:50. That is faster than I ran even when I was coming out of basic! I'm still hoping to get a half-marathon in before I leave but I haven't had as much luck squeezing in time for long runs. The hubs and I just ran 7 miles a few days ago. The first five miles felt awesome and then I hit a huge wall. Luckily I was able to run through it but it wasn't pleasant and we did the 7 miles in about 60 minutes. I'm hoping we will be able to get a couple more longer runs in while we're off this next week.

I've also spent time looking at houses to rent. This is something I've looked forward to for a while. It is the first real sign that the move really is getting close. In fact we've already found three potential houses that I'm going to have my Mom go look at for us. It is entirely possible we will have our housing situation settled before we even get back to Ohio. That is definitely one of the many perks to moving some place familiar.

One of our potential houses
I've also been scanning Craigslist and other sites for horse trailers. I found two that would have been awesome but unfortunately I wasn't the only one who thought so and they both sold within a day of being posted. I don't know if I will buy something without seeing it for myself first but I may have my Dad go look at a few if I think they are really worth it.

Other than that I've just been reading and watching some of my shows. I miss the barn and I miss riding but I also don't miss it. I miss my lessons, though. I never knew I would enjoy teaching as much as I did. I am looking forward to helping out at the show in a couple of weeks and seeing how my former clients are doing.

Loki is now in full-time training to get him ready for when I return. My trainer is giving me weekly (at a minimum) reports on his progress. I have mixed feelings about this b/c I really wish I were the one doing all the work but on the other hand I know Loki will benefit from an experienced trainer for a couple of months. So it is what it is and hopefully when I get back to the states we will be able to just pick up where we left off and not even miss a beat.

6 comments:

  1. That house is really cute! I know you must be excited to get back home soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited doesn't even cover it!! Whenever someone asks me when we are PCSing I say "not soon enough!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's exciting, things are skipping right along! A house and trailer, sounds great :) I hope you find good ones of both! And I know how it feels to have other people working your horse-even if they are trainers- I get a little jealous myself... I'm the kind of person who wants to do it all myself and have that bond. But I know some day I'll probably have to have someone help me with Wiz, too. And It's the best thing for Loki, good to get him out and to work! I can't wait until you get back and we can start hearing all about you and him!

    Also, I changed my html to http://alchemyeventing.wordpress.com/ because my other html was old from when I first started the blog as just a private thing. the new html is more fitting and permanent lol. I noticed you had commented on the post about Amparo- I accidentally had uploaded that to my old html because my phone was still hooked up to it. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except it wouldn't let me make a comment with my wordpress account! ugh, technology.... I'll figure it out one day ;)

      Delete
    2. It is hard not to get jealous!

      I think Loki will just be going to a local event, Greater Dayton, instead of MayDaze with my trainer. Dang, eventing is so expensive!

      I'm hoping my sister or someone will be able to attend and get some pictures for me at the very least. Some people compete for the ribbons... I compete for the pictures, lol.

      I got the site change now, thanks.

      Delete
    3. I'm having to do my local event, too. Stupid money! It really is super expensive...

      Lol, the pictures are definitely the best part... I put aside the 100$ to cover the CD for RiverGlen. The photographers there always do a FANTASTIC job. I can't wait to get my photos! That's what I'm most excited about haha. I just hope his face/legs shed out before then...

      I hope you get someone to take photos too :) If I was closer I'd volunteer! I love taking pictures. One day I'll invest in a nice camera...

      Delete