Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Waiting IS the Hardest Part

We were supposed to find out about a house no later than today. We haven't heard anything. UGH!! Not only are you separated from everyone physically over here but you are separated by time. Since we haven't heard anything by now (around noon) we won't here anything until tomorrow at the earliest because everyone is now on their way to bed on the other side of the world. Seriously, I am so tired of waiting!

I heard from my trainer and Loki is doing marginally better with mounting and also starting to carry himself a little better instead of leaning on the bit (at the canter). They are hopefully going to Twin Towers tomorrow to XC school, if the weather holds. I'm excited to hear how it goes but of course that means even more waiting!
(Edited to add: I just re-read this. Sorry for the rant! I guess it's been a bit of a rough day!)
 
I also want to take time to say how saddened I am by the tragedy in Boston. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families and friends and loved ones who have been affected by this nonsense. It's so hard to even think about the 8 year old boy, Martin. My son is 8! I can't even let my mind go there.

I don't know about you but I'm not feeling terrorized by this I'm just feeling freaking angry! I guess that is easy for me to say since I wasn't there but seriously why can't these people just blow themselves up if life is that bad? Why do they have to blow up innocent bystanders? Look, anyone of us could die in the next second for any number of reasons so I'm not going to live my life worrying about when some psychotic maniac might decide to blow up the street I'm standing on. I just hope they do find the people responsible and that whoever he or she or they is/are will be brought to justice.

And I do think it is important to remember that in some parts of the world this sort of occurrence can be as much as a weekly sometimes even a daily thing. No matter how bad things may seem to be getting in the U.S. I am still very thankful that I am an American citizen. 



2 comments:

  1. It's always good to keep things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boston bombing makes me mad too...

    ReplyDelete