Thursday, April 25, 2013

Zombified

It is upon us, The mecca for North American eventers, Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event. And this is the first year in several that I won't be attending. Please excuse me while I sniff a few times.

Well, it turns out that I will probably/hopefully(??) get to see a lot more of the riding at Rolex this year than in the past because I went ahead and paid for a subscription to FEI TV It was about $40 and then $12.99/month thereafter. I'm sure I will cancel it after Rolex is over but I suppose paying $40 to get to watch isn't so bad.

The only problem is sleeping. Last night (for me) was the first day of Dressage. I dutifully had my computer up and proceeded to watch the first four or five tests. (Luckily I got to see Andrew Nicholson's test (the current leader) and can I just say it was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.!) Then came a 20 minute recess and... I fell asleep on the couch. That was pretty much it for me last night. In my defense it's not like Dressage keeps you hanging by the seat of your pants but I was disappointed that I missed so many of the tests especially Becky Holder's and Can't Fire Me's (currently) 2nd place test. I'm going to try and take a short nap this afternoon and see if I can't make it a little longer tonight and of course bring on the caffeine for Saturday night b/c I will be staying awake to watch cross country. Show jumping on Sunday evening and then maybe my life can get turned right side up again. But, I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling a little zombie-ish for the next few days.

Also a quick update on Angel. I got a note from my friend and she and her husband have decided that they are going to keep Angel (rechristened Angela) permanently! I couldn't have hoped for a better home for her!

And because she is just so dang cute here is yet another picture:

4 comments:

  1. awww she has a home! I really want an FEI TV subscription only if I could watch it on our new tv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it is working out pretty well. I'm not sure it is worth the $13/month especially when I'm back in the states but it is nice to have it over here.

      Delete
  2. FEI TV looks amazing, but I haven't bitten the bullet quite yet... glad kitty found a new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the only reason I did it was for Rolex otherwise I'm just not sure if it is worth it especially in the states when you can watch so many things for free on the USEF network. But it is nice for over here.

      Delete