Friday, May 17, 2013

Hurry Up & Wait

Normally this is the name of the game for anything military. When Jay and I were both in the service we spent lots and lots of time standing around in various lines and formations waiting. Usually we had to show up to these meetings super early to make sure everything was ready on time so yep... it was a whole lotta hurry up & wait. Get there early so you can stand around for an hour or two to do whatever you're supposed to do.
This time around the theme seems to be wait, wait, wait, wait, wait and then sprint for the flags and pray you make it on time. We STILL don't have our orders. We are down to our last two to three weeks and I am very frustrated with the entire situation but of course there is nothing you can do about it except... WAIT. I hate waiting! Honestly I'm ready to leave and just say screw it... keep my furniture and all my stuff (I already sent all my riding stuff home anyways) I'm just going to get on a plane and leave. That seriously might happen.

But for this weekend I will be anxiously waiting for news and hopefully pictures and dare I say video??? of my bay baby boy making his eventing debut at beginner novice. His ride times are dressage on Saturday at 1:15 followed by stadium at 3:11 and finally XC on Sunday at 1:27. My trainer is actually riding three other horses this weekend so her schedule is going to be a little crazy. Luckily she will have at least two people there to help her out.

8 comments:

  1. Hope the wait is over for you soon and that you get the details you need to move home.
    Best of luck to Loki & your trainer competing this weekend, looking forward to the next update with how they get on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to write the report on how they did... I just hope it turns out well!!

      Delete
  2. Hurry up and Wait is the name of the game at H/J shows too, so you're probably ready for those in the patience department.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I've done the hurry up & wait game I'm still not that great at waiting, lol, but I am getting better at faking it... well, most of the time!

      Delete
  3. Hope they come soon!!!! Sorry to hear you so frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's good to vent on here sometimes but one way or another I should be heading back home in just a few short weeks!

      Delete
  4. OOOOOOOO excited for Loki!!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear how he does :)

    I am such a planner that the hurry up and wait stuff kills me! Hope that you get some "news" soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the update on Loki's show!

    ReplyDelete