Saturday, June 1, 2013

Counting Up

My countdown timer is now counting up! Unfortunately I do still have a couple of more days to go over here so I've decided to leave the timer running until I finally get home. This will most likely be my last post until that time. We will be going to a hotel soon and I'm not sure what our internet access will be like but I imagine snail speed at best.

Things are happening fast. This is good except for the fact that it is getting hard to keep up. So much to do to be ready! But I know it will all get done and the best thing so far is we have sold both of our cars! That is a HUGE relief. My biggest worry right now is my cats. What a pain it is to move animals overseas! I'm mostly worried about how they are going to travel. I just pray they make it safe and recover quickly. It is going to be a rough journey for them.

I also wanted to share this AMAZING gift my co-workers from Mihara pitched in to buy me as a going away present:
Isn't is so cool? I am stunned honestly. It was and is an amazingly thoughtful gift and I am so thankful.

My husband got a Star Wars watch from some of the soldiers in his Company. I don't have a picture of it on my computer unfortunately but it is super cool. All in all we are feeling very blessed.

Jay's final day of command is tomorrow. He will be getting his evaluations from his boss and bosses boss. I'm really praying for a super report for him. But regardless I am here to testify that he has put his heart and soul into this job and into his soldiers and I am confident that very few people, if any, could have done better.

And finally I took the girls to get their toe nails painted today. It is THE Okinawan thing to do and I figured it would be fun for them. I think they turned out pretty cute even though Elaina's has already gotten rubbed a bit b/c she was too impatient to let it dry thoroughly.
Elaina's toes with Orcas on the big toes.
Evie's toes with blue teddy bears.
Pretty soon we'll be saying Sayonara for the last time!

10 comments:

  1. I HAVE THAT BRACELET!!!! It says "Cash's Steppin' Up" which is Red's registered name. I'm pretty sure I have the same brand and everything..If so, they are so stinkin' sturdy and wonderful!!! I've worn mine every single day for a few months now and I even accidentally got it really wet and scratched the nameplate on barbed wire fencing and it never left a scratch. ;) Still good as new!
    Www.Sittinginthesaddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like the horse world, moving is "Hurry Up and Wait!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no kidding... and we are definitely in the hurry up stage. The waiting stage will be on the plane and I'm hopeful my kids will actually let me do some sleeping this time around!

      Delete
  3. It's all coming together!! Safe travels!! Keep us posted if you can but if not let us know how it went when you get home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll do my best to keep y'all informed.

      Delete
  4. Love the bracelet! Those pedicures are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the nail art here is pretty insane. You could easily spend a couple thousand a month on your nails if you really wanted. These were very reasonable, though, and the girls thought they were princesses, lots of fun.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I had a typo so I deleted my comment, didn't realize it'd stay there as deleted!- but I'm so excited for you! And I love the orcas on the toes!

    ReplyDelete