Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thank YOU! and an Award!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. I appreciate all the encouraging words! Loki and I are doing fine. We've actually gotten a lot accomplished the past couple of days and I will hopefully post an update sooner rather than later.

Also a big thank you to Karley from All In and Kalin from Cash's Steppin' Up for nominating me for a Liebster award. I'm sorry it has taken me a while to get to it. Because I am so slow every single blog I follow (that is under 200 followers) has already been nominated! Because of that and the fact that I am about to fall asleep as I try to finish this I'm going to just say I read every blog listed on the right of this screen and would nominate any of them. (Sorry to be lazy!!!) Also, I apologize in advance for the messed up formatting below. I am just too darn tired to fix it right now!



HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued.  Here are the rules for accepting the award:

  1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  5. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  6. Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
 11 random facts about me:
  1. My husband and I will celebrate our 16 year wedding anniversary this August. 
  2. I got my first horse when he was 2 and he is still around and now 24.
  3. My sister is now a published author and I am her biggest fan.
  4. I spent two years in the military learning how to speak and read Arabic
  5. I have a BA in Social Studies Education that I have sadly never used. (It's hard to be a teacher when you move every 2 or 3 years!)
  6. I am a jeans and t-shirt/sweatshirt kinda girl. 
  7. I loved old western reruns when I was a kid and The Big Valley was my very favorite. 
  8. I also love science fiction and watched the original Star Trek reruns with my dad as well as every other Star Trek series when they were released. I have the entire Voyager series on DVD.
  9. It should therefor come as no surprise that my very favorite t.v. show of all time is Firefly.
  10. I love to Ski but only learned a couple of years ago so I'm not very good, yet. 
  11. The only states I have never visited are Alaska, North Dakota, Louisiana, Maine and Rhode Island. 

11 Questions from Karley

  1. What would your ideal last meal be?       Chipotle followed by lots of sugar in many forms.
  2.  Ideal riding outfit?         I am loving my new Ariat Volant boots! Otherwise anything that is comfortable and cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  
  3. If you could go anywhere, all expenses paid- where would you go?        This is a tough one. There are so many places I would love to go. Anywhere in Europe but I'd also love to see Jordan and the Pyramids in Egypt. But, I guess if I had to choose just one it would be to ride from Chateau to Chateau in the Loire Valley. (Sorry I don't have the link handy but it has been in my bucket list for a long time.)  
  4. What are your top 3 musts for a boarding facility?          Quality and flexible care, good turn-out and laid back atmosphere.  
  5. What one beverage can't you live without?          Water, seriously! 
  6. Dream car?          Anything big enough to pull a trailer, ideally my Expedition or a Ford F250.
  7. Where do you want to go with your riding?           Improve, improve, improve. I'd love to at least make it to Preliminary in eventing someday but we will see. The important thing is just that my riding and horsemanship continually improves.  
  8. Where do you shop the most for real clothes?           Hmmmm, I haven't really shopped for "real" clothes in a "real" store for two years. I am NOT a fashionista so really anything that is reasonably priced and looks decent. I have shopped at Kohls often.  
  9. What do you do to calm your nerves at horse shows?          When I feel my anxiety spiraling I try chant positive words, such as Calm, Cool, Collected or Be a S.T.A.R. (sit tall and release!).  
  10. Favorite bathing products?          I love the Vetrolin products.  
  11. If you could pick 2 horses off http://www.bigeq.com/ which would they be?               I didn't get a chance to really look through the site much but this little guy caught my eye and I really like the German Riding Ponies: http://www.bigeq.com/p-Austin-German_Riding_Pony-Hunter-13137.php and this one caught my eye as well. (I'm short so I could totally be cool with a 14.1 pony!: http://www.bigeq.com/p-Driving_Miss_Daisy-Connemara-Hunter-8139.php
 

11 Questions from Kalin:

  1. How long have you owned/leased your horse/s?   Loki for almost a year now. Ghazal for 22 years.
  2. If you were going to be trapped on an island with only three things, what would you take? I'm going to cheat and say I'd take a boat so I could leave! Sorry, I've sort of done the trapped on an island thing and I'm not ready to repeat the experience!
  3. What kind of saddle do you use?      My current saddle is a Bates but I am shopping for something new.
  4. English or Western?      English but I used to be a trail guide so I am somewhat competent with Western.
  5. When you aren't riding, what do you like to do?       Read, surf the web, run/work out.
  6. Is your family supportive of your riding?      Most of the time.
  7. Favorite food & drink?       Mexican and root beer
  8. What breed is your horse?       One is an Arab and the other is an OTTB
  9. Favorite horse-related movie?      Not sure which movie but I love the old western The Big Valley (see above).
  10. What is your favorite animal other than a horse?      Dogs and cats. (sorry can't pick just one!)
  11. Favorite song?     Amazing Grace as sung by Chris Tomlin.
 

10 comments:

  1. Love reading these and learning more about my blog friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has definitely been a lot of fun to read about everybody!

      Delete
  2. Agree 100% with Karley, I am loving learning more about all the bloggers I stalk *ahem* follow! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, at least it's mutual stalking. :)

      Delete
  3. I like Firefly too! So sad it didn't have more episodes :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Karley as well! :) And LOL on your boat answer!! Why didn't I think of that???
    One of my favorite songs is Amazing Grace by Chris Tomlin, I love it!
    Www.Sittinginthesaddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when I read that question I was like uhmmmm no!

      Delete
  5. I'm with you, could eat Tex Mex every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was one of those tough things about living in Japan. We did find one restaurant that was pretty good but still not quite the same as home.

      Delete