Thursday, June 20, 2013

You Say It's Your Birthday

... It's my birthday too, yeah!

Okay, I don't know if anyone else is old enough to remember that song or Showbiz Pizza but I still remember going there when I was a kid. (It used to be a competitor to Chuck E. Cheese back in the day.) Although maybe they still sing that at Chuck E. Cheese these days? I don't know...

Anyways, my birthday was on Wednesday and my husband got me a pretty cool gift. Check it out:


So I've never had vanity plates before. I think mine are pretty fun and cool but I do feel slightly embarrassed. They are called vanity plates after all. Does this make me totally vane?

The front (notice my homage to Firefly as well ;))
I also received an eventing stop watch from my M.I.L. But the biggest thing is yet to come and that will be my new saddle if and when I ever find it. I have two leads right now but nothing solid.

I am feeling ultra blessed right now. I am so thankful for God my savior, my husband and my kids and all my family and my friends here, there and everywhere. With so much stuff it is super easy to forget what is important in life. I hope I never forget!

19 comments:

  1. Aw happy birthday! I hope you had a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was great because I got the main thing that I wanted which was simply to be home with family!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I liked your positive attitude and graciousness in the last paragraph. I try to remind myself of my blessings every day- I was failing yesterday, though! Today is a new day, I'll try to remember I have an amazing family, a loving boyfriend/soon to be fiance, and I get to compete, which, despite whether we place first or last, most young girls do not get to do and want to do. Much to be grateful for. Thanks for helping me put my head in the right place ;) And again, glad you had a great birthday back home with your family!

      Delete
    3. Don't sweat it, we all have those doom and gloom days. I'm pretty sure anyone who doesn't isn't human.

      I know you won't see this before you compete tomorrow but I'm sending good wishes and thoughts your way. I thought I was going to make it down but it looks like it won't happen this time. I hope you have fun, though!

      Delete
    4. Well thank you so much! We ended up having a FABULOUS weekend! I do hope we end up at the same horse park eventually :)

      Delete
  2. Omg good job hubby!!! Those plates are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! They are pretty fun!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! And I don't think vanity plates make you vain... especially when they have a horse on them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that they have a horse on them! I didn't even know that was possible until my husband showed them to me.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks!

      "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal."

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday, one day late! And yes, I am old enough to remember The Beatles singing that song, at 55. I had to laugh, though, as I wondered what strangers would come up with when they saw your plate. K-pit-lick? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm so lame I totally forgot that was from The Beatles originally.

      I think that is one of the things I like about the plates. The meaning isn't totally obvious so it makes it more personal.

      Delete
  6. Belated Birthday wishes - what great gifts!
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a great family fun weekend!

      Delete