Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Job!

Life keeps on keeping on. We're finally all in the house with the exception of a piano that someone is giving us. Most of the boxes are even unpacked! We haven't quite got pictures hung yet but we are almost there.

This is a very slow move for us, usually we are unpacked, organized and pictures hung by the third day of the move. However, this has been a much more complicated move. The Japanese movers that packed us were super fast and efficient but the way they packed has been a little interesting to say the least. I still haven't found my toilet seat covers. They've either thrown them away or they are packed in our box of wires or somewhere else strange. I found my washcloths in with a box of books and of course none of the boxes are marked, at least not in English. So I'm trying to cut us some slack. We're almost there!

Okay, I'm not this busy but somehow it feels like it!
All three kids have started back in school. This is the first time in eight years that I won't have a child at home with me for at least part of the day. Holy cow! I was so excited and sure that this would mean I'd have tons of time on my hands to get stuff done but so far no such luck. We've had PTO meetings and so many other things that have come up. I'm hoping it will slow down here soon. Add in my fall last week and I've sort of just been trying to keep up as best I can. I haven't even made it back out to the barn yet. Don't worry! Loki is fine, my trainer has checked him over and is keeping an eye on him. I will be out there tomorrow and there might be some vet appointments in our future but more on that later.

To the actual point of this post. I got a job!! Yes! It's just part time and it is mostly from home and the pay isn't great but it is a start. Believe me when you've been out of the work force this long it is really intimidating to get back in. Most of my references and contacts are hopelessly out of date. My work history is a blank for eight years which can make you feel like you've done nothing that whole time. I have to remind myself that taking care of three kids is NOT nothing!

But anyways, I say all that to say I'm sorry I've gotten so far behind on blogging. I have been reading your blogs I just haven't had much chance to comment lately. Surely life will slow down again, right?

11 comments:

  1. Things do seem hectic. My family moves often...so I can relate to how things are moving and having a lot to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, moving is a pain but thankfully it's close to being finished... for the next two years at least.

      Delete
  2. I feel like the early fall is always busy for everyone- I know my life has been cra-zy lately!! I'm glad to hear you got a job though and I do hope things start to settle down soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! I know you have a crazy, busy schedule. I guess I'm just not used to it anymore. I'm used to having tons of time, so now I need to remember how to budget my time more wisely. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. :)

      Delete
    2. what is tons of time.... haha. I'm pretty sure I'll never have that again! Unless I win the lottery :) You will definitely figure it out!

      Delete
  3. Yay job!! Yay being (almost) all unpacked!! Yay kids in school!!

    Now here's to lots of riding! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, yay, yay! Hopefully lots of riding is in the near future!

      Delete