Friday, August 23, 2013

Product Review: Glanzen 3



A month or so ago I decided to take Loki off his Smartgain. He is finally looking good maybe even a teensy tiny bit chunky. Chunky for him at least! But, I wasn't happy with the way his coat and hooves were looking. He was just a little dull and while his hooves didn't look horrible (much better than last year) they still weren't perfect. So my trainer recommended I put him on Glanzen 3. There are so many coat and hoof supplements out there promising this and that so I figured I would go with the one my trainer recommended.

And I am glad I did! Loki has been on this for about 3-4 weeks now and this is the first supplement I've ever used where I can actually visibly see a difference. Loki is easily the sleekest and shiniest I've ever seen him. It almost seems too good to be true but nothing else has changed in his diet or routine to explain the difference. My trainer swears by this supplement and all of her competition horses are on it and now I know why.

As far as how palatable it is I'm afraid I can't give you a lot of feedback. I have really never seen Loki turn his nose up at anything before. He seems to be a Hoover when it comes to eating and he has been fine with eating all of the supplements he has been given so far. Apparently he is NOT a picky eater.

Anyways, if you happen to be looking for a coat/hoof supplement this is the one I would recommend.

Loki update: I did go out and lunge him this week. He seems absolutely, 100% fine and fit as a fiddle. He even went so far as to give me a little horsey finger as I was lunging him which is not really like him so I think he must've really been feeling full of himself. I just ignored it and had him continue cantering for an extra few minutes after he wanted to stop. He isn't showing any signs of lameness or anything but I do have the vet coming out on Monday. She's coming out for some other horses so I'm going to have her look Loki over too just to get another opinion. She's going to check his teeth and some other things. I should be riding again by next week so hopefully all will be well. 
Not quite The Black on the beach with Alex but it's a good substitute for day dreaming.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a god supplement! I'm glad Loki is doing fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need pictures of your sleek shinny boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I would love some new pictures myself I just haven't had many photo ops lately. Hopefully soon!

      Delete
  3. Good to know. Simon has a lot of skin issues so I've been considering something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has made a huge improvement in his coat condition. I'm sure there are others out there, though. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed by all the choices!

      Delete
  4. Agree with Karley, pictures of Loki! Show us how shiny he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get some new pictures as soon as I can. :)

      Delete
  5. I am a huge, huge fan of all of HorseTech's products. They're expensive, but totally worth it. I started on the Glanzen 3 and have been adjusting over the years. My guy is on ReitSport Senior right now for joint support and coat/hoof support. He does really well on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first HorseTech product I've tried but I am definitely impressed. I may have to go read about their other products. :)

      Delete
  6. Amanda above turned me onto HorseTech when I decided to put Tucker on a vitamin (now that he gets barely any grain) and he currently eats one of their custom products (the appropriate vitamin for his situation with added selenium and E) -- I have been very impressed and pleased with their service and quality of product!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very intriguing. I definitely need to research some of their other products.

      Delete
  7. You're definitely doing the right thing checking everything out just to be safe, but hopefully it was just a freak accident and he's fine and you can go back to your regularly schedule summer (er, as regularly scheduled as it can now be!) I'd love to see you and Loki at Jump Start but you definitely have to do what's right for you guys! (although I do hope you can make it...) I haven't put my entry in either because Wiz just finished his treatment today and I want to make sure he'll be up for it. He seems to be feeling A LOT better, anyway! And I'll have to try this stuff... one day when I have more money lol. Until then, he's getting the tractor supply dumor omega shine version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In reply to rolkur- it's not that you never need some pretty strong pressure on the bit- sometimes, you do.. but it just has to be backed up with THAT much more leg, is what kept reading and when I applied that to Wiz, I think it's really true. It's just that the rolkur seems to always be much more hand than leg, which is no bueno! But I'm glad you're trying to bring loki up the right way, and yeah, we all make mistakes, I wasn't claiming to be perfect :) But at least you and I are *trying* to do it right, and no getting on with the plan to just slam our horse's noses into their chest the whole ride!! and let me know how his results are! hopefully perfectly fine and good :)

      Delete