Friday, October 4, 2013

Derby Party!

This is what I'm going to be doing at least part of my day tomorrow. We are going to have a booth at Indiana Downs for the Indiana Derby. We'll be giving away some fun stuff such as these:
I helped put a slide show together to show off all of our current horses and some of our success stories. Hopefully we'll be able to raise a little extra funds.

We just added three new horses into the program. Meet Right to War (Ralph), Critical Strike (Gordon) and Fantastic Madam (Vivian).

Ralph. His head and neck are connected a little awkwardly but he seems like an alright guy.
Gordon has a beautiful face. My trainer is in love with him already and he seems to have some real upper level potential. He is very high energy!
Vivian. This photo doesn't really do her justice. She is actually quite pretty and seems very athletic
And for the BEST news: Loki is doing much, much better. All the swelling is gone and he is sound. He does still have some hives left but the vet looked at him today and she wasn't worried. She said it can take some time for them to go away completely. I'll let her know if they aren't gone by Monday but otherwise he seems to finally be ready to work again. I plan to ride on Monday and I can't wait!

Just a quick snapshot and not great but I promise the swelling is gone. You can still see the hives, though.
So things seem to be looking up, for us at least. I sure hope the people in Washington pull their heads out of their butts soon but otherwise okay.

I didn't sign up for the 2 point challenge on Viva Carlos and Equestrian at Hart. I was afraid I just wouldn't be able to ride consistently with so much going on. But if you haven't already you should.

Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

  1. YAYAY Loki!! And I'm kinda in love with Ralph. Want to ship him to me? LOL. I wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, thanks! Ralph is a sweet boy. I'm sure he'd love to come visit. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout Amanda, Your party looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. We had fun today.

      Delete
  3. Ooooo the Derby Party sounds fun!!!

    That is amazing news about loki!! Keep getting better buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to ride on Monday!

      Delete
  4. It's great that Loki is doing better! Those new horses look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that was a lot of fun- I think it's cool that you're working for Friends of Ferdinand!

    ReplyDelete