Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Hop:Equestrian Bucket List

I was going to post my photos of Elaina's room today but I saw this blog hop and really wanted to join because it is such a fun topic.

I want to hear about your equestrian bucket list! I think we all have things, whether they be on paper or in our head, that we would love to do someday. Pick three that are horse related, and tell me a little about them.

****

1. I want to complete a training 3 day someday. That is the long format of eventing that has become all but obsolete these days at the upper levels. I am a long way from this goal but I do think it is obtainable especially with Loki. 


2. I want to keep my horses on my own property someday. I want to wake up and have to feed and clean stalls and do all the little things that are easy to forget when you are a boarder. My husband isn't crazy about this idea and I know there are some draw backs but I really want to be able to look out my window and see my furry friends grazing in a pasture nearby. 


3. I want to ride from châteaux to châteaux on the Loire valley in France. I don't remember where or when I first heard about this tour but it was quite a long time ago and it has been on my bucket list ever since. Horses and castles and France, sounds good to me!

8 comments:

  1. Those are great! I have my horses on my property and LOVE it! I honestly could NOT go back to being a boarder! Well, there is one drawback: I really miss my horsey friends. It is so easy to ride when someone is "pestering" you to... It is awfully hard to motivate myself to hit the arena and actually practice all by myself without someone to "watch and comment."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has her horses (and one of mine) on her own property and she hardly ever gets to ride now so I know that is a drawback. I still hope to experience it for myself one day, though!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love your 3rd pick. Riding/traveling would be a great combo especially in southern France :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed on the awesome combination of riding and travelling!

    Thanks for joining in on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. This was my first hop and it was fun. :)

      Delete
  4. Ok so now I have just added the tour in France to my bucket list. That looks amazing! The problem is I'd have to go with other horse friends my husband would never go for it..lol. I also have a 3 day on my list but I would settle for a Novice 3 day. Indiana Eventing Association puts on a great T & N 3day. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my husband wouldn't be up for riding in France either. I guess I figure this one is far enough away I don't have to worry too much about who might come with me.

      Delete