Wednesday, December 4, 2013

5 Day Challenge - Day 4 (and convention)

Before I get back into the challenge just a quick note that the USEA convention kicked off today. I was at the hotel for several hours getting our booth set up and I will be there every day, all day until Sunday afternoon. I'm excited and dreading it at the same time. I know I will be alternately fascinated and bored. Mostly I just hope the time goes fast!
All ready to go

16. One thing you'd like to change about your horse

 

His size! I would love for him to be about 3 or 4 inches shorter but keep the same proportions. 


17. Your horse's future


Hopefully he will live long and prosper! Ha! Seriously, whatever his future holds it will, God willing, be with me. I hope that we make it to at least training level and ultimately I'd like to do a training long format. And who knows maybe when we make it there we will discover that we both have a little more to give and will do a prelim or two. The future is wide open, well as much as our limited finances can make it anyways. 

18. Your worst show ever

 

One year I showed Ghazal at the Dayton horse show. It is this big, annual show here in Dayton. Now it is strictly a Saddlebred show but back in the day they had some Arab classes. I don't think I had really ever shown before and I had NO IDEA what I was doing. It wasn't horrible as in I fell off or anything went terribly wrong but I know we were pretty much ducks out of water at that show. Plus my sister and I were fighting as we use to do quite a bit when we were younger. lol, I think about it now and it was SO silly! Oh well, teenagers what can you do?

19. Favorite horse show venue


This one is a no brainer for sure. The Kentucky Horse Park, period. It is big and beautiful and even though it can be a long walk to different arenas it is worth it to show there.

My first time ever riding on the KHP grounds was XC schooling with Chief a horse I leased a couple years ago.

 20. Your show day routine 

 

You know I really haven't shown regularly enough to have a routine. It seems to be a lot of hurry up and wait, though. The day before I do always bathe and all that good stuff but now that I have a horse with no white I still turn him out the night before. When I showed Ghazal I use to try and wrap him up as much as possible throw tons of bedding down and he would still manage to poop and lay in it some how.

8 comments:

  1. The booth looks great! Also, jealous that you've shown at KHP -- it's a dream of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Keep it on your bucket list, you never know when you might get a chance. They have all kinds of different levels of shows there.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that booth looks fantastic! I've been to many conferences and conventions and I would definitely stop at that one immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Convention was VERY slow today. Here's hoping it picks up speed for the weekend.

      Delete
  3. Wish I could come visit you at the convention!! And I hope we get to show together at the KHP next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could come to convention too! I know I'd be a lot less bored, lol.

      I think there is a very good chance next year that we will get the opportunity. :)

      Delete
  4. I want to come to the convention!! Boo CA being to far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo! I could definitely use some company, lol.

      Delete