Saturday, December 28, 2013

Remembered My Camera

Went back to the barn yesterday and actually remembered my iphone. We are having some very nice weather right now so I am trying to take advantage. Loki is looking really good for a furry, winter-coated beast. We had a decent ride just working on the basics. Our indoor is small so it really limits what we can accomplish and the outdoor footing is rock hard for the most part right now. But it is still nice to get out and ride.

Here is what we got for Christmas this year:

Tuffrider Thermo Manager Stable Blanket with my initials.

The fit is a tad big but decent and I love the material. I plan to use it mainly as a cooler.

Ecogold Coolfit XC saddle pad in black. Unfortunately my saddle needs less of a half-pad than the one I currently have but the Ecogold pad by itself isn't quite right either. It will take some playing with to get it perfect, I think.
My Mom also got me the Horseware Competition Jacket but unfortunately I need to exchange the size. It fit okay except the sleeves were way too tight. I have these things called muscles in the place of toothpick arms, well, at least that's what I'm going with! I'm hoping the next size up will work over all and not just be right in the sleeves and too big everywhere else.

All of that plus the reins my sister got me and I would say I had a very nice Christmas. My wish list is really shrinking. Most of the stuff that is left are all big ticket items like a new saddle and a horse trailer. Perhaps needless to say I am feeling quite spoiled.

Coming up I would like to do a review of 2013 post as well as set some actual goals for 2014. I have big plans/dreams for 2014 and this time I'd like to actually write them down and maybe keep track of them.

8 comments:

  1. Great gifts! The cooler is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cooler! And I noticed that this year too... I really had nothing big on my wish list! Besides a truck and trailer and a new dressage saddle which will all have to wait a good while ;) I did get a new halter but it's still on order... Looking forward to the year-end review and goals! I know I've done some wrap-up blogs already, but I want to do a structured year-end review as well and I like your idea of writing out the goals for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I'm not even sure what I'll put on my future wish lists. There might even be one or two things on there for me and not for me for my horse, ha!

      Delete
  3. Let me know how you like your Ecogold and if it really is the greatest thing since sliced bread! I'm trying to decide what to get for a legit XC pad. That cooler looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it so far. It's going to clean up very easy. I'll have to do a review at some point when I've used it a little more.

      Delete