Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Playing

I decided to make my own logo in photoshop today. Why? Umm, well, just for fun I guess. Certainly not because I need one or anything. But I was just imagining what I would want if I had my own training business. This is what I've come up with so far. I may play with it more later because I really didn't spend a ton of time on it but anyways...
The reason I started playing around with photoshop is because Jay and I have been working on some items for my sister to go with a swag pack she is putting together to help promote the release of her next book which is coming out on the 21st of this month. If you have any interest in science fiction you should really check it out.

It is worth mentioning that this is NOT a distopian like so many YA books that are promoted as sci-fi are. This is an actual science fiction with cool space ships, gun fights and new worlds. Here is the book description from Amazon:
For fans of Josh Whedon’s cult classic television show Firefly comes a fascinating and fast-paced sci-fi thriller from author Mindee Arnett, about a group of teenage mercenaries who stumble upon a conspiracy that threatens the entire galaxy.
Jeth Seagrave and his crew have made their name stealing metatech: the devices that allow people to travel great distances faster than the speed of light. In a world where the agencies that patrol the outer edges of space are as corrupt as the crime bosses who control them, it’s as much of a living as anyone can ask for. For years Jeth’s managed to fly under the radar of the government that executed his parents for treason—but when he finds himself in possession of information that both government and the crime bosses are willing to kill for, he’s going to find there’s no escaping his past anymore.
With pulse-pounding action, a captivating mystery, and even a bit of romance, Avalon is the perfect read for hard-core sci-fi fans and non–sci-fi fans alike.
My sister and I are both huge Firefly fans. If you don't know what that is you are really missing out. If you don't like it I'm not sure if we can be friends. Okay, I'm just kidding, well, sort of. The world of Avalon is very similar to Firefly and if you liked the one I'm fairly certain you'll like the other.

Oh, and one more cool thing about this book in particular:
Yep, that is me! and how cool is that?! I'll tell ya, really, really cool! So if you are looking for some fun reading in a couple of weeks check it out!

Well, back to horses tomorrow. The temps are warming back up and I will be back out to the barns to check on the boys.

16 comments:

  1. That is really really cool. I want my sister to write a book and dedicate it to me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it is really cool! I suppose it would be kind of cooler if it were the other way around but Mindee got all the persistence in our family. Every time I've tried to write I lose interest after a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  2. How cool! I hope it does well :) Also, like the logo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so neat! I'll definitely add it to my list to read. I'm a HUGE Firefly fan. (I want a cheerful fuzzy pony named Kaylee someday...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! a sweet but cheeky little chestnut pony mare named Kaylee... that would be awesome! lol, I need to do a post describing all the firefly characters as horses!

      Delete
  4. OMG, I have an obsession with Joss Whedon and I *loved* Firefly! I will definitely buy the book for Kindle when it's out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love Joss Whedon! He writes the best dialog ever!

      Delete
  5. That is awesome your sister wrote a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty awesome that way. :)

      Delete
  6. Aw, dedication! That's lovely. :) I'll keep an eye out for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! I'm not a sci-fi fan myself, but I will spread the wors to friends who are!! :-D

    ReplyDelete