Saturday, January 11, 2014

Show Me Your Barn Blog Hop

I've been enjoying seeing all the different barns from this blog hop. There are a lot of fancy, beautiful farms out there. My barn is most definitely not fancy, a little rough around the edges maybe but still has great amenities for the price.

The barn:

There are four different barns on the property. This is the main barn behind us with the round pen across from it and a garage and a house behind.
The Buff barn and one of the indoor arenas is behind us in the following photo and you can see another part of the round pen.

Horse's Living Space:

Loki's stall



View of the Tack Room:

I don't keep my stuff in the tack room. I have a converted stall that I use basically all to myself. There was one other person using it but she moved. It wouldn't work if I didn't have my tack box but since it is air tight I don't have to worry about the damp and or things being moldy.
(Like I said... NOT fancy.)

View of where we ride:

The outdoor sand arena
Outdoor jump field
I want to jump the picnic table someday!
Indoor arena:
We have two indoors but they are both pretty small and dusty

My favorite feature:

I love the small "trail" that surround the property. It is the best place to warm-up, cool-down or just have a nice relaxing hack.
Thanks Sprinkler Bandit for hosting the blog hop!

I finally made it back out to Loki's barn today. The kids are all back in school and Jay starts back on Monday. I'm hoping to get back into a routine. I was looking at the calendar and really it isn't long before spring. Only 89 days until Equine Affaire and then Rolex is shortly thereafter. I'm really psyched for this summer!

I plan on riding again tomorrow and also getting out to check on Ghazal.

24 comments:

  1. One of the my favorite tack rooms of all time was an empty stall next to Tristan's. It was so convenient! Everything to constantly dirty, though - I love your tack locker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie I actually really love having the tack stall to myself and since I have everything sealed up my stuff actually stays pretty clean. The tack locker was a Christmas gift last year and it is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Only 89 days til Equine Affaire!! I can't wait! Your barn is nice, one of the drawbacks of boarding at a friend's house is no arena :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either!

      Yeah, the reason I don't keep Loki at my sister's place with Ghazal is because there is just no where to really ride unless the ground is perfect which only happens about four months of the year.

      Delete
  3. Your barn may not be one of the fanciest barns around, but I love your riding facilities.
    Especially the outdoor jumping paddock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is nice just not as neat and tidy as what a lot of people would want. My trainer is quite possibly the most disorganized person I know! The horses all get cared for wonderfully but the tack rooms often look like a small tornado went through.

      Delete
    2. Haha! Sounds like she has her priorities right to me ;)

      Delete
  4. Love this blog hop, am hoping to remember to take pictures this evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what your facility looks like!

      Delete
  5. I think you have a pretty awesome barn even if you don't consider it "fancy"! I actually love that you get a converted stall all to yourself... I'm not a huge fan of sharing my tack room with four other people lol. (I'm so selfish!! Ha! But really I'm just OCD and can't wait to have my own little farm so I can have my own tack room and do it up just how I want!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do love the stall to myself. I am a bit OCD as well and my trainer is so not, this way we both live in our own happy little worlds, lol.

      I really hope to have my own place someday to have things just the way I want. Dare to dream!

      Delete
  6. Your barn looks fancy to me! Lots of really nice features.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it could be very fancy if it were in a little better state of repair and order, nothing unsafe, though.

      Delete
  7. Oh the trail sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice! Where I first had Ghazal we could walk to about 20 miles of trails and that was wonderful but this is certainly better than nothing. :)

      Delete
  8. Two arenas is better than none!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A whole tack stall to yourself? Heavenly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your place, the cross country track is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely has some very nice features.

      Delete
  11. A regret that we have heard from past customers is they wished they had thought more long range and purchased a building that could have housed their future needs as well.

    prefab storage barn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining our blog hop! I've loved seeing everyone's barns!
    Www.theprocessoflearning.com
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! It was a lot of fun!

      Delete