Friday, February 21, 2014

14 (and I'm still alive)

I'm still feeling like crud but I am alive. I haven't had the flu in a long time and this wasn't the worst case I've ever had but man I'd forgotten all about how your whole body just aches when you run a fever. But, I was well enough to ride today so I am definitely on the road to recovery.

I don't have much to write about at the moment, though so I figured I'd finally do the 14 photos post that has been going around. It took me a while to gather all these.

1. Your horse's stall.
Oh hey Mom
2. Favorite saddle pad(s).
My new Ecogold XC pad and Thinline half pad
3. Barn cat, barn dog, barn_____?
Barn chicken loves Loki's stall when he isn't in it
4. Favorite area to ride at your facility.
Our arena when it isn't frozen and covered in snow
5. Between the ears shot out on a trail ride.
The rusty barrel is there to help desensitize spooky horses
6. The bottom of your horse's hoof.
Not too bad
7. The hay stack at your barn.
Barn dogs and cat chillin' in the hay
8. Favorite grooming thing.
Okay, I cheated I forgot to take the pic of mine.
9. Your horse's best friend or significant other.
Monte, Loki's half-brother gettin' nekkid.
10. A snapshot from your commute to the barn (be careful).
I got a ride so no dangerous picture taking for me
11. Between the ears shot at random location at your facility.
FFI horse Ralph on a trail ride
12. The cutest or most attractive part of your barn.
Just one part of the driveway to the barn which is very scenic
13. Favorite piece of tack.
For now... hopefully soon a new saddle
14. Selfie with your horse.
Does this count?
Hopefully this means a return to routine. I am planning on riding tomorrow and it should be beautiful. I might even get to ride in the outdoor and there might even be some jumping!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's one of the few spots they could sit in the sun and not be in the snow at the same time.

      Delete
  2. After all that snow I hope it warms up for you! Geez! Love the barn chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got some warm weather but we'll have to wait a couple more weeks for it to truly warm up.

      Delete
    2. I also love the barn chicken! How funny!

      Delete
  3. The long driveway looks like a beautiful ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're right as rain real soon & loved the photos!

    ReplyDelete