Friday, February 7, 2014

40 Days

...until Spring. I wrote on facebook that I'm not sure if that makes me happy or really depressed. It's so close and yet... so so far...
Remembering Spring and warmth and horse shows...
I think the horses are starting to get pretty sick of all this snow and bitter cold, too. I rode Loki yesterday and he was pretty up, at least for him. He's gone from just shaking his head to occasionally attempting a small buck here or there. Nothing super naughty, just sort of a "this energy has to go somewhere!" move. I have a feeling I might have my hands full come spring. It's hard to blame him, though, as I'm pretty sure the only chance he gets to really move around is during our rides.

But despite the friskiness we had a really great ride. Unfortunately a really great ride does not translate to anything super interesting to write about. We are continuing on our plan of lots and lots of transitions. The best thing that I'm noticing with this so far is how much better Loki is paying attention to me. I will still occasionally lose him as we pass the entrance to the arena but for the most part he is listening to figure out what we are going to do next and sometimes trying to anticipate. It's hard to keep it mixed up in such a small arena but I'm doing my best.

What I am looking forward to the most is getting back on the trails. Please, please Spring... HURRY UP!
Getting ready to hit the trails last summer.
I haven't gotten a message yet that the saddle has shipped, so I wait. But, I did get an estimate for the repair and it was very favorable so that is a huge plus!

6 comments:

  1. I'm anxious for spring too. It will be so nice to actually ride on a consistent schedule and to be able to go out and about again.
    I hope the saddle is a good fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for spring! Although Shy is loving the cold and snow, silly native pony!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh let's go on a trail ride together! Where do you go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go on a trail ride! There are a bunch of places near us. The ones closest are Twin Creek and Possum Creek but there is also Sugarcreek and Ceasar's. I'm game any time.

      Delete
  4. I'm counting down the days too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to any of those places but I am totally game. Keep me in the loop when you are heading out.

    ReplyDelete