Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dead Legs

I've finally started getting back on the band wagon, the running/workout bandwagon that is and today my legs are feeling a little dead. But, it's that good kind of sore that reminds you that you can do things even when you are getting a little older (not that I would know anything about that, ha!). I was kind of surprised that I ran as well as I did my first time back in longer than I want to think about. Honestly I enjoy running but sometimes right before I start I think how nice it would be to just sit down and relax and maybe watch a movie or something. What helps me to get going is the thought that this is one thing I can control about my riding. I might not quite be able to keep my balance perfect or react correctly to some evasion Loki throws out at me but I can make sure that I am in the best shape possible. I do think it does make a difference and me a better rider and I'm going with it.

In other news I feel like I got very lucky at the tack store yesterday. I was checking out their consignment area when I found a pair of tan Fits breeches that look like they've never even been worn before and they were in my size! So I got a pair of Fits breeches for well over 50% off. I've always wanted a pair but no way was I going to pay full price for them.
And there have been some positive developments on the saddle front. I'm afraid to say too much because I don't want to jinx anything but I did find an independent saddle fitter to work with and it is very promising that we're going to find something that will work for me. *fingers crossed!*

The farrier is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to try and run again in the morning and then after Loki's feet are done hopefully we'll be able to get a ride in and get back to work.
Trying on my new Fits breeches. (Surely I'm not the only person who has to try on my breeches with my boots and show shirt? Just to get the full effect you know.) Oh, and sorry for the slightly inappropriate undergarment, obviously that's not what I would wear under the shirt for real!

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on scoring the excellent FITS deal! I ♡ mine. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so excited to try them!

      Delete
  2. What a deal! I also put on my show boots and show shirt whenever I try on new breeches. Like you said, it just gives the full effect, haha.
    I hope you find a saddle soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

      Thanks! I'm hoping to hear something in the next week or two at the most. *fingers crossed!*

      Delete
  3. Yay for new gear & am keeping everything crossed for positive outcome on saddle front!
    Fair play to you getting fitter for horse riding, I really should do something about rider fitness but am not sure when I could fit it in around work & horses, lol, the irony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah finding the time to exercise can be rough. I'm in an unusual situation at the moment that gives me a lot of extra time so I'm hoping to take advantage of it because I know it won't always be like this!

      Delete
  4. Yay for getting back into running! Go you!!

    Love the new breeches and what a deal!!

    Come on saddle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for good deals! Consignment is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was such a great find I'm still kind of stunned, lol

      Delete
  6. Awesome find on the FITS! I am a horrible runner and quite jealous that you enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't always enjoy running but after being forced to run so much with the military I just sort of grew used to it. I took a long break after the military but then when I started running again I found, to my surprise, I actually enjoyed it. Go figure! There are still days when I really have to make myself get started, though.

      Delete
  7. Nice! I love digging around consignment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo- what a great find!
    And congrats for fitting running in- I always find fitting two types of exercise (riding and something else) is so difficult to fit into a busy schedule. Serious kudos to you haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooo jealous. I want some fits so bad! but glad for you :)

    ReplyDelete