Sunday, February 9, 2014

I'm Dreaming of Some Warm Weather

I know you all have got to be as tired of all this horrible weather as I am, or for those of you in the warmer parts of the world you are probably, at least, tired of hearing about it. (Super glad to hear California is getting some much needed rain, though.)

It snowed all day today and it is back into the teens tomorrow and Tuesday but I think there might be some light at the end of the tunnel. (Knock on wood!) Starting on Wednesday it seems like the temps are going up and so far in the 10 day forecast look promising. Maybe we'll be able to rediscover our outdoor arena before the end of the month. That would be great!

I did go on a little trail ride with a friend from the barn a couple of days ago. By trail ride I just mean the small perimeter trail around our farm. We just went around as a cool down after riding in the arena.

Elle is the FFI intern and she was riding Ralph (Right To War). Ralph is an FFI horse and he is doing really well. We have a couple of nice horses right now but the problem is this weather is keeping us from being able to show them at the moment. But I suspect we'll have some adopted soon. I'm hoping at least!

Ralph would make a pretty darn nice hunter but we think he could be an eventer too.   

Well, sorry for the boring posts lately. I am waiting on two packages this week. So hopefully there will be some more exciting things to write about soon!

13 comments:

  1. Hopefully it warms up where you live so you can ride outdoors again. Ralph looks like a cute horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is FFI? >.> I must have missed something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends of Ferdinand, Inc the race horse rescue I work for: www.friendsofferdinand.com

      Delete
  3. Frigid temperatures and snow don't really make for exciting blog posts -- so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I know you aren't very far from me so I'm sure it's been pretty yuck by you too.

      Delete
  4. looks short-backed and up-hill like a lovely eventer to me! ;) glad you got out, even if its in the snow..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Ralph moves a little more like a hunter but he could probably put a nice dressage test together with some work. He's pretty laid back, though, not sure he's that interested in zooming around a XC course but ya never know!

      Delete
  5. I also hope that the weather will be better very soon. Things are filing up because of it. Let's all hope for a better day.

    military spouse education

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the forecast is looking better starting on Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  6. Keep the chin up, spring IS coming...I mean it has to right?! ;-)
    Yay for parcels arriving, exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete