Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's In The Air!

Spring!! Okay, technically it is still only 17 degrees outside but I just happened to glance at the ten day forecast for our area and got super excited!
Starting tomorrow things are definitely looking UP! I know, I know I'm probably seriously jinxing all of us but I just can't seem to help myself. 56 degrees next Thursday!! That's practically shorts weather at this point! I can handle that, heck, I'm excited for being in the 40s. That means our outdoor might finally thaw out and we can start riding outside again. Yippee!

And that isn't the only reason I'm excited today. I went to get the mail this afternoon and I found this waiting for me:


And inside:

I got a gift card for Smartpak from my Dad for Christmas but only just now got around to using it. I wasn't sure what I needed and there are just so many things I want but then I kept thinking what if I use it and then end up really needing something later... Well, I finally broke down and bought a pair of Kerrits Sit Tight Supreme breeches.

So far I really like them. They fit fairly well. I am short so things are always just a little bit long on me but not horrible and so far very comfortable. The material is very lightweight so I imagine these will be wonderful for showing in the summer. I won't get a chance to ride in them for a while, though, because it is just too cold... well maybe next Thursday I'll get a chance. ;)
Yes, my wonderful selfie self! ha!
And just because that isn't enough to be excited about I am also currently waiting for one more package. The saddle is somewhere near here on a UPS truck just waiting to be delivered.

Seriously, it's like Christmas in February!

16 comments:

  1. At first I thought those breeches were lime green, and I was like whoa! Like 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I think forgetting about gifts or saving them for later in the year is like receiving them twice! It's summer in New Zealand and whenever you guys seem to have a good forecast for weather, ours turns to rubbish. Please don't steal our summer haha. No, from the sounds of things you guys deserve some respite :)
    I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It would be nice if we could all have nice weather at the same time!

      Delete
  3. I love love love getting packages!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for parcels & new things!
    Hope the warm weather lets you try out your new toys (stuffs) and that you have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Lauren--totally thought they were bright green! Love fun new toys. Hope you get to enjoy them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought they were green too! haha still awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, they do look green in the package but no they really aren't! :)

      Delete