Monday, February 24, 2014

My Turn

It seems like I've read a lot of NQR posts of late. I always feel bad when I read them but also grateful that Loki has been okay. Well, apparently it is our turn to be not quite right. I got Loki out to ride today and he was perfectly fine at the walk but when we started to trot I noticed every time we turned to the left he felt gimpy. At first I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or if he just happened to take a bad step but after a couple more turns it was pretty consistent so I hopped down.

I untacked him, felt his legs and everything felt and looked just fine, no heat no obvious swelling. I had him trot out again without me riding him and he looked just fine going straight but again slightly off to the left.

My trainer came by after that and I trotted him out again for her but where we were I couldn't turn him so all she saw was that he looked fine. She said they were crazy when turned out last time, bucking and carrying on so it is likely he just tweaked or pulled something in turn out. I'm not super worried about it. I gave him some bute and figured I'll check on him tomorrow.

And just when I thought pictures of my horse laying in his stall were getting boring this happened:

Hello Toes the barn cat
Love this face!

20 comments:

  1. I'm sure he'll be good as new soon with some bute and kitty cuddles! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty cuddles are adorable! Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He is feeling better I think.

      Delete
  3. Awww cute pictures! Sorry about his NQR-ness. Hopefully he just went a little overboard outside and will be feeling all better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do think that that is the case. All of us are just tired of being cooped up by this snow.

      Delete
  4. Love the kittie pictures! Friends! I find bute and a couple days off does wonders at times. Im wondering if all the NQR posts are because of this terrible winter? lots of really bad footing (frozen, slushy, icy, snowy, muddy) Of course i like to blame everything on winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that is a huge factor. I know our ground is at it's worst a combination of frozen divets and lumps guaranteed to twist the unsuspecting ankle.

      Delete
  5. With horses its just a circle of NQR and when that circle is going to get to you to cycle through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs! Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Loki feels better soon, how cute is that cat?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Toes is cute and often obnoxious. He is the cat that will jump on you when you least expect it.

      Delete
  8. Hope your NQR'ness is resolved quickly. It's not fun :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Horses ALWAYS find a way to injure themselves. Such fragile animals. I hope he is back to normal soon!
    I love the photos of him and Toes, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is the cutest! I hope he's feeling better ASAP.

    ReplyDelete