Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Something Funny

I'm going to take a brief moment to make fun of myself here. I actually received one more new item. It is a show coat that my Mom bought me for Christmas. She got the wrong size and had to exchange it and I'm only now getting the one that actually fits. Anyways, it is the Horseware Competition Jacket in black.

So why is this funny?

Well let me show you a picture of my previous show coat:
Seriously, I look like a kid playing dress up. The thing is I knew it was a little big, a little long but I really didn't realize it was that big/long until I saw some of these pictures. Most pictures I have from shows are of me riding or at least on my horse which sort of hid how big that coat was on me. I pretty much took my coat off as soon as my class was over so I think somewhere deep down I knew how silly it looked.

Here is my new coat: (sorry for the grainy iphoto pic.)
Much better! It is still just a little big around my waist but still 1000x's better. It's one less thing to be embarrassed about when we show which is a good good thing. :)

And if you are curious I LOVE this jacket! It is super lightweight and comfortable. It is a much different material than your traditional show coat but I really like it. My only complaint is the sizing is a little strange for me. I originally got the XS and it fit really well except through the shoulders. It was really tight through the shoulders and biceps so my Mom exchanged it for the small. The small fits nicely through the shoulders but now it is just a tiny bit too roomy around the waist. So basically if you have any sort of muscle in your shoulders or arms the fit might be a little problematic. But other than that it is a great coat. I can't wait to get to wear it in our first competition!

I'll post about the saddle sometime tomorrow or Friday. I wasn't able to ride in it today but will definitely get to tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Horseware ♡
    Wishing you well wear with it, any dates pencilled in for its first outing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure which one will be my first but definitely sometime in April, well, as long as Loki cooperates!

      Delete
  2. That's an amazing comparison! The first pic looks okay to me (I am used to eventers!) but you look so much taller in the second -- hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it's amazing what being able to see more of your leg can do... it really does make you look taller.

      Delete
  3. The new coat looks great! I think we have all had those "oh no" equestrian fashion faux pas. I used to ride in the most hideous helmet ever. It looked awful and I was so embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have some riding tights from my endurance days that are awesome at least in the "example of a fashion faux pas" category, lol.

      And thanks!

      Delete
  4. Love the new jacket it looks so professional!! I bought a show jacket when I was 15 I think? It was a really nice several hundred dollar hunter jacket, but I wore that baby until a year ago- yeah, until I was 24! I had the opposite problem, where it was so tight the top button always popped open and I had torn the inseam on my shoulder. Finally got a new jacket (a 400$ jacket half price) at the AECs and I look so much more professional now! Yay, we're moving up in the world ha. Can't wait to see you rock it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is amazing what nice, well fitting clothes can do. :)

      Delete
  5. Very nice!! I had my eye on that one, but I ran across a breathable/washable coat at the local tack store on sale and got it for a song. :-) Still haven't had occasion to wear it, but at least I'm prepared!

    New breeches, new coat, new saddle--it's like we don't even know you any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I hardly know myself, ha! Sadly, no new saddle yet, though, but someday.

      Delete