I am late to this party I know but better late than never. Thanks to L. Williams from Viva Carlos for making and hosting this blog hop.
Seven great things/strengths in your riding life
- The fact that I've had horses in my life for over 20 years makes me feel pretty lucky.
- Being physically fit.
- Supportive family and friends
- A good amount of time to ride, usually.
- The drive to get better.
Seven things you lack or covet for you or your horse.
- A trailer. I miss the freedom of having my own trailer!
- Unlimited funds for training/showing and horse care.
- A saddle that fits me and my horse.
- Property and the ability to keep my horses at home.
- Height! What I wouldn't give for an extra 5 or 6 inches!
- To be a great rider. Not winning competitions so much as just a really great rider.
- I really just can't think of anything else. I have a lot to be grateful for.
Seven things that make you angry.
- Abuse & neglect not limited to just horses but all animals and children
- When I lose my balance and let my passion take over too much of my life
- Rude or ill mannered people
- When I continually make the same mistakes
- Rulkur and any abusive kind of training
- People who judge others especially without knowing all the facts
Seven things you neglect to do or cut corners on.
- Picking out hooves after we ride
- Working in two point or without stirrups
- Spending time reading training/horse care books to improve my riding and knowledge
- Pulling Loki's mane.
- Lately my downfall has been keeping up with the housework!
- Getting out to see Ghazal as often as I should
- Keeping track of farrier and vet dates :(
Seven most expensive things you own for your horses/riding.
- Big rolling tack trunk
- Show coat
- Nice riding breeches
- Ariat Volants
Seven guilty pleasures or favorite items.
- Loki (duh!)
- Ghazal (duh!)
- Every time I get to spend in the saddle or with my horses
- Trail riding
- Having a good trainer/instructor that is pushing me to be a better rider
- The facilities that allow me to ride all year long
- The time I have to spend at home with family (I know not entirely horse related but so true!)
Seven things you love about horses and riding.
- Barn smells
- The peace I get from a good ride
- Facing fears and pushing through them
- The friendships (There are no friends quite like horse friends, on and off line!)
- The fact that I can tell my horses anything and I always feel better afterwards
- That moment when something clicks and your ride gets noticeably better
- Horses are the most beautiful creatures and I love to simply look at them.