Monday, March 3, 2014

Road Trip

Some of the girls from my barn are going on a road trip tomorrow because it is still so cold and we're just tired of it. So we are going up to Columbus to Equus Now. It's a decent sized tack store I've only been to one other time. I don't really need anything at the moment and will hopefully only be window shopping but it will be fun to just hang out with some horse people and look at all the fun stuff.

Looking ahead at the 10 day forecast and I'm actually pretty excited. Nothing below 35 degrees after tomorrow. In the past that might have sounded depressing but right now that is really exciting! It will be above freezing for at least 9 days in a row!! That means maybe things will start thawing and hopefully before we know it we'll be riding outside!!

Looking even further ahead and we are about 5 weeks away from Equine Affair and about 7 weeks from Rolex! I always think of these two things as the true start of spring. I haven't been to Equine Affair in 2 years (maybe 3) and I am really looking forward to it this year. My trainer and our intern may be riding in one or two of the clinics. We're just waiting to find out. And of course going to Rolex is one of the highlights of the year for me. This year they are letting military and their families get in free on both Thursday and Friday so I will be going down at least two days.

I guess that is about it for now. I've been getting some work done around the house as it is freezing today but come Wednesday I'm hoping to get a much more regular barn schedule going.

Loki wants to know if it's Spring outside yet???

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun to me! So jealous that you are going to Rolex! I'm hoping to make it next year! Have fun at the tack store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome, hope you found nice things for the wishlist at the tack store!
    Rolex & Equine Affair sound amazing, especially the getting in free two days...Rolex is on my bucket-list if i EVER make it to Kentucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I cannot wait until Equine Affaire! It is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say how jealous I am that you have those things within striking distance? It's 6+ hours to the nearest good tack store from my city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super pumped for Rolex too, my friend is also Military so that is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't decided if I'm going to rolex this year or not :( I hope I can though! Glad you're going to get out and get to go to some fun events!

    ReplyDelete