Thursday, April 17, 2014

Blog Hop: Immediate Inspiration

 

Most of us take lessons, whether its a couple times a week or a couple times a month. Some of us have more then one instructor. Why do you train with your trainer? If okay or possible, share a picture of your trainer riding.

Moving around as much as I have I've worked with several different trainers but I rarely get the chance to stick with one trainer for very long. I've actually been with my current trainer the longest aside from the very first person who taught me to ride. Why do I ride with her? I guess there are more than just one answer to that question. I started riding with her mainly out of convenience. My sister knew her and recommended her and that is how it started.

But from there it was pretty easy to stay. My trainer is pretty laid back and not the most organized person you'll ever meet. You certainly have to be a pretty flexible person, I think, when riding with her but she is a very talented rider and trainer. She has helped me find confidence which is a big deal and she has given me so many opportunities to ride green horses, horses straight off the track and taught me a lot of the basics of taking a horse from the track and turning it into a solid citizen more or less. I mean most of the work with Loki I have done on my own under her guidance. And now that we are becoming a better team it is such a great feeling! She is also an active rider and when she can she takes lessons from different upper level riders/trainers which often trickles down into my lessons.

She's not perfect of course but who is? She is affordable which like it or not does play a factor in our choices but I will be sad to leave next summer; sad and nervous to strike out on my own not knowing who or even if I will be able to ride with another trainer. So I'm definitely trying to enjoy the time I have.
My trainer riding Loki at his first event while I was still in Japan.
Speaking of my trainer, I had the most awesomest lesson yesterday. I will try to write about it tomorrow because I don't want to forget these good things that happen.

And ONE WEEK to Rolex!!

3 comments:

  1. :) Looking forward to reading about your lesson now that I've learned a bit more about your trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Affordability totally plays a factor!! Great point!!

    Ahhh so jealous of Rolex!!

    ReplyDelete