Friday, April 11, 2014

Equine Affaire 2014

We had a blast at EA yesterday! My favorite part this year was definitely watching the Jimmy Wooford clinics. I missed the beginning of the first one but still got a lot out of it and my trainer road in the second which was fun to watch. Her horse really didn't want to play but his nickname is "the devil" for a reason. He kept things entertaining. And I completely forgot to take pictures so you'll have to make due with this fuzzy picture I borrowed from a friend on facebook:
I was such a good girl about shopping I can't even begin to tell you... The only thing I bought aside from food was a Wooford book. I got that because he was available for signing and I really wanted to meet him. I bought his gymnastics book. I figure this is stuff Loki and I could definitely work on more.
I was wearing one of my Rolex t-shirts which inspired his message:
It took me a sec to decipher his handwriting. It says "with best wishes. See you at Rolex 2014"
There was so much stuff to look at but I have to admit I really wasn't very tempted to buy anything in particular. There was tons of artwork and "fun" non essential things I would have loved to get a hold of but knowing I was saving my money for shows and other things I really, sort of need made it easier to say no.

I was thinking about going back up on Saturday as my trainer is riding her other horse (Loki's half-brother) in the Bernie Traurig clinic but unfortunately I don't think that is going to happen. Parking is $6 and it is $15 to get in plus once you factor in gas and food it is more than I want to spend at the moment.

But next up ROLEX 2014!! I must admit I will probably be much more tempted to buy things at Rolex because the stuff there is much more eventing specific instead of the more general horsey things you see at Equine Affaire.

16 comments:

  1. If that's the same Wofford gymnastics book that I have (mine is a little spiral-bound thing, but I think he only has the one?) it is FANTASTIC. Enjoy!

    Bad month for seeing Traurig...I have an opportunity to audit a clinic of his in a few weeks but I will be out of town. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My trainer really enjoyed the Traurig clinic. I wish I could've gone.

      And thanks!

      Delete
  2. Rolex...awesome!! See you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMAGEERRD we should have met up!! I live SO CLOSE to EA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! Well we always go up for QH Congress too. :)

      Delete
  4. EA is so much fun! Good job on the shopping restraint :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going up on Sunday, not sure which clinics I'll be watching yet, but I am going to have to monitor my spending as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the shopping restraint, gymnastic jumping is the only thing I like about 'stadium' haha, grids are fuuun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to work on some gymnastics in the near future!

      Delete
  7. I wanted to be there. Restraint at rolex is near impossible. I cannot wait! We should have a blogger meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! It seems like there will be a few of us there.

      Delete
  8. Glad you had fun! I didn't buy much either, but I just like walking around, meeting the people and horses, and watching the clinics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your pictures. I didn't make it over to the barns at all which is usually one of my favorite parts. The day just goes too fast! I need to plan for at least two days next year.

      Delete