Sunday, April 27, 2014

Having Fun Is Exhausting!

Rolex 2014 is over for another year. It was so much fun! I took a friend of mine around for her very first trip and that made it even better. I don't think I've ever walked that much in one day. We walked the entire course and then some and through the trade fair again of course. Sadly I missed seeing any fellow bloggers but maybe next year.

I finally got my new bridle, a Micklem. I've really wanted to try one for a while and I finally broke down and bought one when I was actually able to pick it up and feel it at the SmartPak booth. It's not the highest quality leather in the world but it didn't offend me like it seems to do others and it fits nicely. I really like the way it looks even though any "magical" properties remain to be seen.


I also found the saddle I want. I'm not sure when I will be able to get it but when the money comes through I am going to get a Black Country Vinici. I sat in one, actually I sat it a large number of saddles, and I was super impressed with it. The price range is more reasonable than the French saddles and yet the quality seems equal. We have a saddle rep in our area so whenever I'm ready he will come out and take measurements. Oh I want so badly!



And now for the photo dump from our time at Rolex!
Meeting Dom and Jimmie Schramm!
Not sure who this rider is but they were very lucky through the Normandy Bank!
Allison Springer and Arthur. (So disappointed for them)
Buck Davidson and the last jump on course for the day
Rolex is just so much fun!! It's no wonder I'm so stinkin' tired today! But until next year...

18 comments:

  1. That's so cool! My friend, Tarra, and I plan to go to Rolex next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really glad I got to meet so many bloggers but honestly it kinda put a hurry up and wait or a constantly searching for someone vibe in there. Next year maybe a blogger meet up can be more organized and planned prior to the days before. Then well all meet together. I met the people I did meet all scattered around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having something planned in advance would be a great idea. I had a friend with me so I wasn't really able to concentrate on meet ups.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry I didn't run into you! Black Country made an impression on several people I talked to this weekend, they're a great brand. I didn't let myself sit in anything, since I'm not even close to being able to afford one. Next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we'll run into each other sometime in the future! The saddles were super nice and I am definitely hoping I can afford one in the near future!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great time as had!! I want to go next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be awesome if a bunch of you west coasters came down next year!

      Delete
  5. I was there Saturday as well. Xc was awesome to watch. Jealous you met the Schramm's. I hopefully will be ordering my black country tomorrow when the rep comes out. I like the vinici but think ill go with the similar one thats double flapped. Im not crazy about the billets coming over the flap.

    Id love to hear your thoughts on the new bridle. Im still finding the right combo for my boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jealous! Hopefully I'll be able to order one sooner than later. I've only ridden in the bridle twice now and they were short rides. I'm sure I'll write something up once I have a better feel for it. So far I like it, though.

      Delete
  6. What a great way to spend a few days - really hoping to get my butt to Kentucky for Rolex some year soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that rider is Rachel from Ontario - she is 22 at her first Rolex and went double clean!

    ReplyDelete