Wednesday, April 2, 2014

When You Win

You get really cool things!


I don't often win random drawings. In fact I can only think of three times off hand that I have won. I won a book once on one of my sister's book tours. It wasn't a book I would have ever picked out on my own but I read it anyways and enjoyed it.

More recently I've won two contests from fellow bloggers Cob Jockey and Thee Ashke. First of all I have to say how utterly flabbergasted I was to have one anything let alone 2 contests! And both really cool things.

First up from Cob Jockey I won a new medical bracelet from RoadID. For those of you not familiar with Eventing requirements up until this year we have been required to wear a medical armband while doing any jumping. It can be a source of pride for a lot of eventers. You know our sport is so tough/hard/dangerous we have to wear our medical information on our arms! Whatevs. I'm not sure if it is just because I have small arms or if everyone has this problem but every single time I jumped with my armband (no matter how tight I tried to make it) it would slowly creep it's way down my arm until it was flopping around my wrist, a serious nuisance.

Of course I got red!




Well now we get to wear medical bracelets like this one. With the $35 giftcard I won from Cob Jockey I was able to get a bracelet, a personalized tag that says "LOW KEY",  an extra band in black as well as a two year subscription for their on-line services. Now if ever I do have an accident all of my medical information is available online to first responders. I plan to do a more in-depth review after I've had it a bit longer and get a chance to use their app that allows you to track your rides. Stay tuned, but what I can say right now is that the company is wonderful to deal with, great customer service so far!









Next up from Thee Ashke I won a beaded brow band. Karen makes these herself and I have to say first that the pictures absolutely do not do them justice. The beads in Loki's headband have a metallic sheen and really sparkle in the sun. Karen was great to work with and was able to make the brow band in our colors of black and red. You really should check them out on her blog!
close up
The handsome model showing off his new stuff
Side view - sort of
Also, I have one other new thing coming up that I'm pretty excited about. Without giving too much away I'll just say as an eventer you know we really need two bridles at least! :)

11 comments:

  1. It looks like it fits really well. That's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really fits perfectly. I love it, thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Yay for winning things! :-D:-D:-D
    New tack?! Always fun to read about all the shiny new things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, RoadID does tracking?!? Tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great prizes! Glad the luck shined on you lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cool prizes! The browband turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they are awesome prizes!
    Love them, I know exactly what you mean about arm bands slipping down your arm - such a pain.

    They're both SO pretty!

    Two bridles at least haha.. that's what they all say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love my RoadID. I think its genius! My better half is a cyclist and turned me on to them. He only wears his on his bike or on a horse I wear mine 24/7

    ReplyDelete
  8. That browband is super cool! Congrats on the wins!

    ReplyDelete