Monday, May 12, 2014

Get Excited!

I have to share some news that has got me jumping up and down!!!

I ordered... a saddle today!!! (I'm pretty sure you can hear me squealing from wherever you are!)

This is a combination birthday, Christmas and anniversary present all rolled up into one and that might be more than one birthday, Christmas and anniversary at that! but totally worth it.

The deets:

Black Country Tex Eventer with brown buffalo and red piping. That probably sounds weird but the shade of brown and red actually worked very well together and the red is dark and matte so not in your face red. :)
It isn't the saddle that I thought I was going to get. I really, really wanted the Vinici Tex Eventer monoflap but after riding in three different saddles I actually rode the best in this one. The monoflap I did ride in was pretty big for me so it's possible this would have been okay as a monoflap but we decided not to chance it. And it is nearly $700 less expensive for essentially the same saddle. So again, I am SO. DARN. EXCITED!!

I will try to post about the Joe Meyer clinic tomorrow. May is an extremely busy month. Greater Dayton is this weekend and it keeps getting closer and closer, eek!

16 comments:

  1. YAY! New saddle is exciting!
    You're braver than me with the colored welting. They tried to convince me, but I can't do it! lol. I really wanted to go to Greater Dayton to help out some people competing from my barn, but it's my brother's last college home baseball game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad, maybe next year or at another area event. :)

      The red piping should be pretty subtle hopefully not too crazy!

      Delete
  2. Yay new saddle!! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeee that's so exciting! I'm sorry I'm not going to GDHT this year, but best of luck to you! Hopefully we'll run into each other sometime this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you won't be at GDHT but I hope we run into each other sometime. I want to meet Mr. shiny pants Connor! (and you, too!) :)

      Delete
  4. Nothing better than a new saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, how cool! I liked the Quantum a bit better than the Tex but Black Country makes a lovely saddle -- mine has served me very well. The colors sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't have a Quantum for me to try unfortunately. I was all gungho to like the Vinici Solare but I just did not ride well in it for whatever reason. So the Tex Eventer it is. I have heard so many good things about these saddles so hopefully they will live up to the reputation!

      Delete
  6. Super exciting! Can't wait for it to show up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! New saddle smell and feel is THE BEST!
    And a very nice saddle it is too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahooooooo!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete