Thursday, May 1, 2014

VCM Blog Hop: Do Over

There will always be times you wish you could go back and maybe ride straighter or better (or not circling in your class because you would have placed better..) sometimes they are brain dead mistakes, sometimes well intentioned mistakes.  If you could have 1 do-over in your horse life, what would it be?

This is a really tough question. If you aren't careful (and if it could really happen) you could end up like George Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life. All of our choices have brought us to where we are... even the bad ones.

It's really hard for me to choose. I guess it would be to have not bought my last horse, Bugs. There were so many opportunities I missed out on when I lived in Washington because I was stuck with that horse waiting for him to sell. But, had I not bought Bugs I most likely would have bought a horse in Washington. It would have been a nice horse because I was working with an amazing trainer but if I had done that then there'd be no Loki so... you see where I'm going. Not only that but it was a pretty darn important lesson I wish I could have learned some other way. That is "it's better to want the horse you don't have than to have the horse you don't want." Truer words may never have been spoken my friends.

So after further consideration the one thing I would choose to change would be to have learned how to work hard when I was younger. If I had put half as much time in my riding when I was younger as I do now I could have been a really great rider I think. Oh well c'est la vie.

I went from this:
 to this:
And it was totally worth it. My earlier self just didn't recognize what to really look for in a horse. She got all caught up in the color and bling. Another lesson learned. (And a little TBT for the heck of it.)

Thanks, L. Williams for hosting another fun blog hop. And I'm bummed I missed the last one but I got all caught up in a little thing called Rolex Madness!! Oh well, next time!


3 comments:

  1. There will always be other blog hops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outlook. I really try to think the same way, things that happen bring us forward, no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete