Thursday, July 10, 2014

XC School

I had a blast today on an unexpected XC school. Jay and I got up early and went to the Rec center to swim some laps. I'm not a very good swimmer but I do enjoy it and I've somehow gotten burnt out on running. So we're doing some swimming for exercise.

Right after I got home from swimming my trainer texted me and asked how quickly I could get to the barn and about an hour later we were on the XC course.

It was a great school! Man, if I could just ride like this at shows and Loki could behave like this at shows we would be rocking! As it is I know the ability is there and it is just a matter of getting the show miles on him.
Unrelated picture since I have none from today. Getting ready to jump the ditch at May Daze
That's not to say every moment was perfect. I got caught looking at the fence a few times which caused some fugly jumps but I would honestly say we had more positive jumps than negative. Win!

Afterwards E. hopped on Loki to take him over a few jumps. He was very good for her and I was a proud horse Momma! It's so fun to get to see him in action.

Tomorrow we are heading to some local caverns with the kids but first I'm going to the grand opening of the Dover store! Fun!

8 comments:

  1. Jealous that you'll be at the grand opening of the Dover... I've got drill this weekend... no fun for me but better for my wallet I suppose. Glad Loci went well for you XC today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh have fun at Dover! Very jealous! Glad to hear your schooling went so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! I love xc schooling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dover store!!!

    Love that the schooling went so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for grand openings!
    Your cross country schools make me dreamy, I can't wait for winter to be gone haha!

    PS: I've been away for so long and I love your changes around here, looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could make it to the grand opening, but I can't swing the 90 minute drive. Have fun and get some good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got a great xc school!!!

    ReplyDelete