Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Good Problem

So I disappeared again for just a bit... sorry 'bout that! I've figured it out, though. I just have a really good problem right now. That is I'm perfectly content with my life. I know it's crazy, right? It's not to say that my life is perfect (not!) or that I have everything I could possibly want (again not!) but I'm just in a really good place right now in all aspects of my life.

Being in the military and getting a chance to live at home near family is certainly part of that. I don't always have the time or the energy to write because my time and energy is being spent elsewhere. I don't mean this to be a self congratulatory post or anything but just a statement, I guess.

I'm not the only content/relaxed being around here!
This sort of applies to riding as well. I'm not where I want to be ultimately and I'm doubtful that I'll ever get to where I'd really like to be with my riding but I'm progressing and moving and most importantly enjoying where I am. So when the weather got cold or when family came in town it felt perfectly okay to take some time off from riding. I just don't have this pressure to keep working, working, working come hell or high water. I still want to get better. That hasn't changed but the urgency is just gone.

I guess if I were a pro wanna be this would be a bad thing. But, as an adult amateur it is really kind of nice.

I did get on the Loki monster today. He's had a whole week off and really been ridden inconsistently for the last couple of weeks but he was super good and willing. In fact a fellow boarder who doesn't see us very often tracked me down after our ride to tell me how much more up in front of the bridle Loki looked. Thanks! We've been working on that.

So anyways, there you go. Sorry that I just can't seem to post consistently!
Also, fell in love with this little cutie. She's a 2 year old in for Friends
of Ferdinand. She's adorable and a big puppy dog that just wants attention.

6 comments:

  1. glad that everything is going so well for you! definitely nice to take a step back and appreciate that :) also, that little baby is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's nice to release that pressure of constantly working and moving up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Love this update. Glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! This is a great update! Just promise to keep us updated every so often with cute Loki pictures and we'll call it even. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being in a good place & happy with life in general is a fab "complaint" to have. Loki & that adorable baby face look fab ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of in the same category for why I haven't been able to post as consistently. I'm glad things are going well for you though!

    ReplyDelete